Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>People That Are Just LOUD
mac60 03:20 AM 11-06-2009
Do you have familes/parents, that are simply loud, at arrival and at pick up. I do, and it is driving me nuts. Why can't they walk into my home early in the morning and talk in a soft voice. Why can't they stop their child from whining the second they come in the door. At pick up, while all the other children are sleeping/or trying to, why can't they walk in quietly, do they have to yell HELLO?, we are all in the same room here, no need to be loud. Just quickly pack your kids up and go. This drive me nuts. What happened to that word RESPECT, they see there are other children sleeping.

ok, just needed to vent a moment here.
seashell 05:11 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
Do you have familes/parents, that are simply loud, at arrival and at pick up. I do, and it is driving me nuts. Why can't they walk into my home early in the morning and talk in a soft voice. Why can't they stop their child from whining the second they come in the door. At pick up, while all the other children are sleeping/or trying to, why can't they walk in quietly, do they have to yell HELLO?, we are all in the same room here, no need to be loud. Just quickly pack your kids up and go. This drive me nuts. What happened to that word RESPECT, they see there are other children sleeping.

ok, just needed to vent a moment here.

I don't have parents like this now, but when I had my center, I had a mom who was a therapist. She was the worst! She would pick up at 1pm, when I had about 40 kids sleeping. (Classrooms were seperated by half walls, so you could here her in the whole place). She would behave like she was at a party. Talking loud, laughing . . . she would put the kid down and let him run around the' daycare and chase him, both of them laughing. I would drop hints, like " It's ok Jane, go back to sleep, we're sorry we woke you up" I would say to her child "SHHHH your friends are sleeping". Then I flat out told mom that we needed to keep the center quiet at naptime. Her response was, well, he's not sleeping! So I started to meet her at the front door with him, with his stuff packed and ready. I would block the enterence to the center so that she couldnt get in. She wasn't happy! About a week after this started, she gave us notice that they were leaving. She said she felt like we were trying to hide something from her by not letting her into the center. I got PISSED! I was so ready for her to be gone anyway. I told her the reason we didn't let her into the center was because she was too loud and disturbed the children. I told her that I had tried to say it nicely, but she didn't want to listen. She rolled her eyes at me and said that we were doing the kids an injustice by keeping things scilent at nap time. she was a therapist after all!!!! I just thanked her for sharing her son with us and showed her to the door. Therapist and phycologist parents are the worst!!!!
mac60 05:21 AM 11-06-2009
She was just simply rude.
AmandasFCC 06:00 AM 11-06-2009
Oh I know. I put a sign on my door at naptime asking that parents enter quietly. I only ever have one mother who picks up at this time and she makes an effort to be quiet, thank goodness.... But what I REALLY hate is parents who insist on CALLING at quiet time. And they always do it RIGHT as the kids are falling asleep too, so then all your hard work in getting them asleep is erased and you have to start all over again .....
Childminder 06:29 AM 11-06-2009
My daughter drew a picture of a sleeping baby and when we need quiet it is posted on the front door just above the door knob. Works well for us.

You could put a paragraph in a newsletter about Quiet time is QUIET TIME for everyone that enters the daycare. And that calls will be going to voicemail during certain times and will be returned according to importance. You are there to care for their children.
seashell 09:13 AM 11-06-2009
I like the idea of the sign on the door!
Unregistered 09:39 AM 11-06-2009
That mom would be the 1st mom to yell if someone woke her child up from their nap too. I hate rude people!
Unregistered 09:50 AM 11-06-2009
Yeah, when I read this that was my first thought as well, sign on the door and put it in the newsletter.
It is in my contract that no pick-ups, drop-offs or visits are allowed during the daily quiet time. I turn my ringer down so that I can hear it but it doesn't wake the children.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:51 AM 11-06-2009
I just flat out say, "hey you wake 'em you take 'em"
its quiet time.
that works with not only parents but also teen agers, inlaws and UPS men.
tinytotzdaycare 12:54 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
its quiet time.

I like that saying!! Funny!! I have many packages that some UPS/Fed EX and since we generally always have the same route driver (going on 4 yrs.) they both know to tap on the window on the front door (softly) and I will get to them when I have a minute. They are both very respectful and as for parents....pick up is not allowed during nap..PERIOD!! (emergencies of course are okay) If you got off work early then you call and if your child is sleeping...you wait till he/she is awake then I can get him ready and quietly wisk him out the door to you. Works well and we have only had a prob once abour 4 years ago.
Unregistered 02:17 PM 11-06-2009
I have my own baby right next to the front door for pickup that is sleeping alot of times when pick ups are occuring. It really makes me mad!! I used to have the loudest mouth ever come in thru the door. I would even talk really soft, to see if she would get the hint, she eventually did!!! OHHHHHH!!!!!
Unregistered 04:01 PM 11-06-2009
I do have a mom like that, you can hear her in the driveway, nicest lady but really loud, my food program lady is like that too, she said goodbye to me as she got to her car and I swear the whole neighborhood heard her, haha.
momma2girls 04:54 PM 11-06-2009
I have had a mother, that would come in as loud as she can be!! SHe was very high strung, anyways. My little girl was sleeping alot of times, right nedxt to the drop off door. I even whispered and she still did not get it!!! She really started to make me very mad.
Chickenhauler 08:03 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
its quiet time.
That's a good one. Unfortunately, my dogs bark their furry little noggins off when someone pulls in the drive (good and bad thing).

Could it be that this guy is just hard of hearing and doesn't realize how loud he is?
Tags:loud, loud parent, pick up issues
Reply Up