Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Whoa, that's a lot of kids!"
newtodaycare22 10:03 AM 03-02-2011
This is what a lady basically yelled at me in Michaels today. She was completely amazed to see 6 kids.

lol She had 1 kid in her cart, maybe a 1 year old or so. I just find it so odd. I just kind of looked at her and said, "Yes, these are my daycare kids..." and she still looked amazed. (We have a rainbow of skin colors so I thought maybe she was confused and trying to figure out how they were mine. lol)

FYI, Michaels was fun today. They had free Dr. Seuss bookmark making for the kids and it was fun to do with my preschoolers. Then I took them down the 1.00 aisle and they each picked something special to buy. The cashier was great and made a big deal of it, giving each kid their own bag.

Happy Dr. Seuss day!
squareone 10:16 AM 03-02-2011
Ha. I usually just get "Wow, you have your hands full!"
melskids 10:18 AM 03-02-2011
i get the same remarks.

i have had a rainbow of colors in the past too.

one time, i was totally pms'ing, and a lady (who was rude about it) rubbed me the wrong way and i replied...

"yeah, their mine. i'm having a hard time picking my baby-daddy."

that shut her up

glad you had fun at michaels!!!!!!
jen 11:15 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i get the same remarks.

i have had a rainbow of colors in the past too.

one time, i was totally pms'ing, and a lady (who was rude about it) rubbed me the wrong way and i replied...

"yeah, their mine. i'm having a hard time picking my baby-daddy."

that shut her up

glad you had fun at michaels!!!!!!
OMG! That is the funniest thing ever! I think it is so weird that people just say whatever crazy thing pops in their head no matter how RUDE it might be!
DCMomOf3 11:18 AM 03-02-2011
I always get " are they all yours?" i have 3 very close in age and they just have to ask. LOL
cherryhill 01:33 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
This is what a lady basically yelled at me in Michaels today. She was completely amazed to see 6 kids.

lol She had 1 kid in her cart, maybe a 1 year old or so. I just find it so odd. I just kind of looked at her and said, "Yes, these are my daycare kids..." and she still looked amazed. (We have a rainbow of skin colors so I thought maybe she was confused and trying to figure out how they were mine. lol)

FYI, Michaels was fun today. They had free Dr. Seuss bookmark making for the kids and it was fun to do with my preschoolers. Then I took them down the 1.00 aisle and they each picked something special to buy. The cashier was great and made a big deal of it, giving each kid their own bag.

Happy Dr. Seuss day!

I get are they triplets? REALLY??? They all look similar. I have a little black boy, a mixed girl with Mexican and white, and a mixed girl that is black and white. They look nothing like one another, but close in age.
kathiemarie 01:49 PM 03-02-2011
when I get those commits and if I'm feeling b*tchy I'll say yeah they are all mine....I was pretty slutty for awhile. Goodnes, people get a clue.
Reply Up