Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Three Day Work Week
boysx5 03:27 AM 11-21-2011
I'm loving this week only three days and today I only have three kids coming so it will feel like another vacation day. Hope everyone has a great week
small_steps 05:28 AM 11-21-2011
Me too! Even if all my kids are here it's still going to be a good week just because I know that its a short one. I'm ready for a four day weekend!
wdmmom 05:53 AM 11-21-2011
I have 3 this morning, 4 this afternoon, 4 tomorrow and 3 Wednesday. Easy week! YAY!!!
SilverSabre25 05:53 AM 11-21-2011
I tried to have Friday off but it didn't work out It'll be fine though because I don't need to go shopping and I only have one dcg that day and then one dcb on Saturday (normal schedule). I'm going to finish cleaning the house and then decorate it all day Friday and Saturday.
hoopinglady 06:06 AM 11-21-2011
I have extras...school agers and I work Friday with extras.

Not complaining though, I do need the money.

I really wish it weren't raining!!!
skittles 06:11 AM 11-21-2011
The parents are all giving me crap about taking Black Friday as a paid holiday! I have it in my handbook as a paid holiday. Last year I stayed open if parents wanted to shop I had 3 people who were going to bring their children to care and only one family showed up. This year I chose to close and put it on my vacation page (which are unpaid), but I guess I "confused" them because three families out of seven have mentioned it. I did write them a handout explaining what happened and payment was expected. I only charge 100/wk for full time (50 hrs!!!!) Hello!! you would think people would just want to pay a good provider even if it wasn't my holiday!!!! I also got crap on closing, some people want to shop! I am open on Wens and have two families who are off and are bringing their kids because they have to get ready for their Thanksgiving dinner.
hoopinglady 06:13 AM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by skittles:
The parents are all giving me crap about taking Black Friday as a paid holiday! I have it in my handbook as a paid holiday. Last year I stayed open if parents wanted to shop I had 3 people who were going to bring their children to care and only one family showed up. This year I chose to close and put it on my vacation page (which are unpaid), but I guess I "confused" them because three families out of seven have mentioned it. I did write them a handout explaining what happened and payment was expected. I only charge 100/wk for full time (50 hrs!!!!) Hello!! you would think people would just want to pay a good provider even if it wasn't my holiday!!!! I also got crap on closing, some people want to shop! I am open on Wens and have two families who are off and are bringing their kids because they have to get ready for their Thanksgiving dinner.
I suspect I'd have kids on Thursday if I were open. lol
mac60 06:16 AM 11-21-2011
3 day workweek here too. I did have 2 families ask if I was open on Friday, Nope, never have in 12 years and don't plan on starting now. If I was, I am sure they would bring their offspring and enjoy the day home alone with out their children.
Zoe 06:20 AM 11-21-2011
So excited! I really do have all angel kids and parents, but it's going to be nice to have a few days off where I can spend quality time with the fam and not be so crazy about keeping the house clean.

Of course my inspection is in December so I might be doing some extra cleaning anyway.
mommiesherie 06:21 AM 11-21-2011
I only had 2 plus mine friday and today two plus mine so should be easy. However it did start out with my difficult child running out my door on his mom and her chasing him in the rain around my yard getting soaked. Lol. Needless to stay he started his day in time out. That's pretty normal for him though. I didn't spank my kids but I believe I would tear him up if he were mine. Lol. Whew its a 3 day week!!!!!!!!!!!!
melskids 06:46 AM 11-21-2011
Only a two day week here!!! Woo Woo!!!

I took Wed - Fri off this year!!!!

Most of my parents are teachers, one took off anyway, and one wanted to go to grandma's for the day, so it all worked out!!
erinalexmom 06:54 AM 11-21-2011
I need the break! I am so happy! Although I am going to be spending the whole time cleaning but I am going to feel so much better when my house doesnt look like I belong on Hoarders!
Springdaze 06:59 AM 11-21-2011
I would probably have kids here on thursday too! I might "babysit" on friday if someone asked but I would charge more. Now if I knew they were working and had no one else, I would think differently! I cant go shopping because I dont have anyone to watch MY kids and I dont want to pay someone, so I guess me and my DCP are in the same boat!
JaydensMommy 07:20 AM 11-21-2011
Just two days this week!! So happy, my parents did not complain at all. I love them. And they paid me all three days off..
beachgrl 07:42 AM 11-21-2011
I have a three day week too thanks to me actually making a contract and handbook finally! I plan to enjoy it as I will have to work the weekend cleaning up beach places after all those who come to the beach for the holiday and I fully anticipate the units to be trashed! I have no school assignments due and I only have two kiddos coming right now so it will be a nice week and then spend time with family, then shopping and back to work!
lil angels 07:46 AM 11-21-2011
Thursday abd fri off here too yay!4 day weekend and my kids are going to my parents house sat and sun for a weekend away. Little date time for me and hubby!
sharlan 08:15 AM 11-21-2011
Light week here. I have 3 today, local schools are out all week. 1 tomorrow and 1 on Wed, none on Fri.
daycare 08:17 AM 11-21-2011
I have two out on vacation and then only working 2 days this week.

SO I will only have two today and one tomorrow..

BUT I am a little bummed that we wont be having a huge thanksgiving feast.
E Daycare 10:43 AM 11-21-2011
I have 4 PT kids to begin with that are usually Mon, Wed and fri and all but two(sibling pair) parents are teachers so its gonna be an extra quiet week. PLUS I may have an impetigo child who wont be here at all.

Last week I sent out a letter letting parents know they could bring their kids Mon-Wed if they wanted but I had one teacher say she is just bringing her kid today, the impetigo child is another teacher kid so if he has it he wont be here at all and if he doesn't then he'll just be here tomorrow (maybe Wednesday) and the sibling pair will just be here Wednesday.

So far I had my DS and one dck today, possibly just one dck tomorrow with my DS and then 2 dcks and my ds Wednesday. My DH is the boss so he worked from home today, will work from home tomorrow and is taking off Wednesday to help with kids and wait for family to come into town.

Oh and one family overpaid this week and wants it pro-rated for next week which is wonderful what with all the extra food I had to purchase for Turkey lurkey day.

I LOVE the holidays! lol
laundrymom 11:10 AM 11-21-2011
Have 9 today # ten had tonsils out this morning. And his sibling went home just after lunch so it's been a routine day. I am looking forward to the 4 day weekend.
AmyLeigh 12:57 PM 11-21-2011
Yay!!
My only complaint is I have my SA'er here all day today and tomorrow. He's a difficult one, wanting to be in charge all the time.

Looking forward to seeing my dh in the daylight! He worked 65 hours last week. We also have plans to take our kiddos to the mountains on Friday and play in the snow.
Tags:positive, thanksgiving
Reply Up