Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Being Evacuated
Oneluckymom 12:38 PM 05-03-2013
Early end to Friday. We are probably going to be evacuated due a fire a few miles from my house. Sending everyone home.
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 05-03-2013
Oh my goodness!! How terrifying!!

Please do whatever you can to stay safe and please keep us updated to when you are no longer in danger.

I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
sharlan 12:45 PM 05-03-2013
Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
MarinaVanessa 12:45 PM 05-03-2013
Where are you onelucky? How scary for you!!!!!
Michelle 12:47 PM 05-03-2013
Oh..so scary... stay safe!

Heidi 12:47 PM 05-03-2013
best wishes, be safe!
Sugar Magnolia 12:51 PM 05-03-2013
I have a friend in Ventura county, evacuated also. Be safe.
bunnyslippers 12:52 PM 05-03-2013
How scary ~ please be safe!
TheGoodLife 12:59 PM 05-03-2013
Stay safe- prayers for you and your neighbors!
snbauser 01:09 PM 05-03-2013
Prayers for you and all of those affected by the fires. Please stay safe and let us know how you are when you can.
Lyss 01:20 PM 05-03-2013
Yikes!! Hope it all turns out well and it stays away from your house!!
Oneluckymom 03:11 PM 05-03-2013
Thank goodness we are OK. There was a brush fire that burned just over 20 acres and it came within about a quarter mile of my home. They had it under control just as the last dck went home. Other neighbors behind my home were evacuated. My husband was on his way home and they shut down the 10fwy and he ended up just sitting there for 40min.

I'm in red lands. Very scary to be that close to a fire AND have 6 dck on top of it all.

Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers!
e.j. 03:28 PM 05-03-2013
I can't imagine having day care children in my care under those circumstances. So scary! I'm glad to hear you're safe and that the firefighters were able to get that brush fire under control.
daycare 03:30 PM 05-03-2013
the only thing good that comes out of a fire is getting to see those handsome firefighters...lol JK

so glad you are all ok. Hopefully all of the parents came quickly??
SilverSabre25 03:35 PM 05-03-2013
Scary! I'm glad you're safe. That's one of my big fears; being evac'd for something. Happily we don't live near where there are wild fires or anything though. But, if we get evac'd it's going to be an emergency "get out NOW" kind of thing and I can't transport my dcks...I don't have a vehicle for it.

daycare 03:43 PM 05-03-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Scary! I'm glad you're safe. That's one of my big fears; being evac'd for something. Happily we don't live near where there are wild fires or anything though. But, if we get evac'd it's going to be an emergency "get out NOW" kind of thing and I can't transport my dcks...I don't have a vehicle for it.
don't worry about not having a car big enough, I don't think most places do. Imagine the centers. The one down the street has 340 kids enrolled.......
Oneluckymom 03:59 PM 05-03-2013
I was extremely concerned about having the police or firefighters knocking on my door and telling me to evacuate...I don't transport. I only have a Toyota camery

I called everyone as soon as I knew how serious the fire was. Everyone was gone within 40 min. But I think it took a little longer because they had shut down the freeway. I think the parents took it seriously.

The biggest problem I had was not being able to have a direct view of the fire from my house, so I really couldn't tell what was happening. I just knew it was serious. Now I can breathe !!
AmyKidsCo 04:16 PM 05-03-2013
How scary! I'm glad you and the children are OK.
mema 07:20 PM 05-04-2013
Scary! Glad you are all ok.
Cradle2crayons 07:55 AM 05-05-2013
Our area has burn bans in place due to drought every summer but it never fails some people use bad judgement and decide its a great day to burn leaves on a day with 20 mph winds during a burn ban and all we have is a volunteer fire department and there aren't fire hydrants out here lol.

So this last year, with some kind of grant money, a company came out and all along the highway and near power lines they cut fire lanes. It sure did help my piece of mind that's for sure.

I'm also not required to have an evacuation plan, but I do. My dad lives one mile from here and we can go there if needed. I also have a tornado plan and a hurricane plan but both of those happen every year.
sharlan 07:05 PM 05-05-2013
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Thank goodness we are OK. There was a brush fire that burned just over 20 acres and it came within about a quarter mile of my home. They had it under control just as the last dck went home. Other neighbors behind my home were evacuated. My husband was on his way home and they shut down the 10fwy and he ended up just sitting there for 40min.

I'm in red lands. Very scary to be that close to a fire AND have 6 dck on top of it all.

Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers!
We headed out to Palm Springs this weekend and watched the flames from the Yucaipa fire while driving down the 60. I'm not sure if that's the same one you are talking about or not.
Oneluckymom 09:05 PM 05-05-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
We headed out to Palm Springs this weekend and watched the flames from the Yucaipa fire while driving down the 60. I'm not sure if that's the same one you are talking about or not.
Yes I imagine you could see it from the 60. It was a pretty large fire.
Reply Up