Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop In That Cries At Night
lil angels 09:04 AM 05-06-2011
So I have a drop in that is here about once a week maybe once every other week and mom says that he cries in the middle of the night every time that she drops him here for the day. I am so at a lose he does really well for me when he is here that is the only reason that I take so little he eats good and takes a good nap. Don't know what to tell her.
nannyde 09:19 AM 05-06-2011
and mom says that he cries in the middle of the night every time that she drops him here for the day.

You: "Oh I've heard about that before with drop in kids. The only way I know to fix it is to make sure that once you pick him up he gets outside and plays for a couple of hours. Also, a good long bath and some extra bedtime stories after the outdoor time cures it completely".
cheerfuldom 09:23 AM 05-06-2011
oh don't worry about it. He probably struggles off and on at night and it is easier for mom to feel that it revolves around daycare (and is therefore your fault) than that he might just have ups and downs with his sleeping patterns or that they might need to change something on their end. He might be getting a bit overstimulated at your house with the activity and such but there is nothing you can do about that. If its enough of a problem, then she will not bring him anymore otherwise, don't take on more problems and worries that you can't change.
lil angels 09:23 AM 05-06-2011
Love to hear that I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if that was just in my head or not. I guess I am not going to worry about it to much then. I was starting to think it was something that I was doing I don't know what but nobody else ever says this. I don't know thanks I am not going to keep thinking about it and have a good weekend.
nannyde 09:42 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
Love to hear that I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if that was just in my head or not. I guess I am not going to worry about it to much then. I was starting to think it was something that I was doing I don't know what but nobody else ever says this. I don't know thanks I am not going to keep thinking about it and have a good weekend.
Naw

She's doing "my child" to you. She's saying he is traumatized after being away from her. She's saying the trauma is shown by crying... crying at night time (which I'm sure he never does when he's not been away from her) She's saying her BAYYYYBEE needs mama and only mama will do.

So the answer is "Do... Mama ... Do". I gave you an answer that says "Yes Mama only you will do... so DO".
Do outside...
do long bath...
do extra stories...

Getcho "my child" on.
E Daycare 07:25 PM 05-06-2011
Who tries to blame a dc provider on their child's middle of the night issues???

"Johnny cried all night long, dc provider mustve fed him a secret crying agent that goes into effect at 2am"

Like come on now!

Give me this persons address so on the days you dont have the dck I can go there at 2am and scream outside their bedroom window. I can blame it on the fact that I read this post and wanted to throw pencils at them because they said dumb things to their dc provider.
MyAngels 08:53 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
"Johnny cried all night long, dc provider mustve fed him a secret crying agent that goes into effect at 2am"
I thought I was the only one with the secret crying agent .

I occasionally get the "Little Johnny is having some trouble sleeping at night" line from a parent who wants me to cut out or shorten nap time. I always say, "Well, I guess that explains why they sleep so well for me" with a nice smile.
Symphony 09:36 PM 05-06-2011
I think that makes perfect sense for a young child who is not in care on a regular basis to experience some seperation anxiety on the nights when he goes to daycare. Has nothing to do with the level of care you provide or how much fun he has when he is there. Being away from mom is a big deal and especially for a little one who doesn't have much consistency with it. Take that and combine it with the human brain categorizing the days experiences during the night, and of course he will have a restless night here and there.
morgan24 05:10 AM 05-07-2011
Sounds like a case of I don't want to blame myself for the crying in the night...so I'll blame the provider who sees him once a week. I really doubt that his crying at night has anything to do with being in care, especially since he does well at care. Who knows it could be from anything.
Tags:cry, drop in care
Reply Up