Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Question About Snow Shoveling
Unregistered 05:56 AM 01-13-2015
Good morning,

I was hoping for some advice on how to handle a situation. My wife and I have been taking our son to an in home daycare for a little over a year now. He is currently 15 months and loves it there and gets excited to see his friends every day. My concern is they do not shovel or salt their driveway, or sidewalk and did not last year either. I live in Indiana where we snow regularly from December - February. They park a car in the drive way so parking close isn't even an option.

My wife and I have almost slipped several times while holding our son and carrying him in or out. I have asked them to shovel a few times verbally but no action has been taking, I even warned them that we have almost fell. This is mainly concerning ice, snow is a pain due to them not shoveling it is also hard to walk in but not as dangerous. I have spoke with a few other parents that go to the daycare and they agree with me and have said they have warned as well. I have also reviewed our agreement and it is not mentioned that they do or do not shovel/salt etc.

I've done a little research and believe it should be the property owner of any business to take care of this but feel free to educate me otherwise.

My questions are

1. Do you take responsibility as an in home daycare to provide a safe path to and from the front door?

2. What is a "nice" way of warning and asking them to please clear the path for the safety of ourselves and our children.

Thanks for any advice!
Concerned Dad
Up