Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording Help Again Regarding Potential Family and Pick Up Times
Indoorvoice 05:21 AM 07-25-2018
I interviewed a family a few months ago who is expecting in January. Family seemed great and mom is the sister of one of my current families who is awesome. But the pick up time she wants is way past my closing time and while I could make it work, I don't really want to. I stupidly didn't bring much attention to it during the interview and told her I would consider the times. I was caught off guard because I figured she would already know my closing time since her sister is one of my clients. Now, a few months after our interview, she asked what she needs to do to reserve the spot, and I need to address the pick up time issue. I would love to have this family if they could figure out how to be here by closing. How do I bring that up and word that in an email? I did not communicate with her after the interview. We ended with that she needed to look around at other daycares and I would contact her closer to January or if anyone else was interested in this spot. I'm not actively trying to fill it and am waiting for a great family.
Cat Herder 05:27 AM 07-25-2018
As we discussed during our meeting, my hours are ___ to ___. If that works for you all you will need to do is fill out, sign and return your contract, handbook, child information forms and pay your enrollment fee of $___ by ____ date. I am looking forward to working with you. Have a great afternoon.
rosieteddy 06:38 AM 07-25-2018
I think you should decline this family.I know from experience that they figure you will work with them.I would say my hours are ----no exceptions.January is a long way,a new client will come along.
Snowmom 07:01 AM 07-25-2018
I'm basing this answer on the fact that she was a referral and you'd really like her to make your hours work...

"Hi Sally. I'm glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and you are eager to enroll in daycare.
While I adored your family and think you'd fit well with our crew here, I'm afraid I just can not accommodate the later hours you mentioned during the interview.
If you decide you can make my posted business hours of 7-5 work, then I'd be happy to review the next steps with you. Otherwise, I know so-and-so center accommodates a later pick up time and has a good reputation. Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon."
amberrose3dg 07:51 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'm basing this answer on the fact that she was a referral and you'd really like her to make your hours work...

"Hi Sally. I'm glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and you are eager to enroll in daycare.
While I adored your family and think you'd fit well with our crew here, I'm afraid I just can not accommodate the later hours you mentioned during the interview.
If you decide you can make my posted business hours of 7-5 work, then I'd be happy to review the next steps with you. Otherwise, I know so-and-so center accommodates a later pick up time and has a good reputation. Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon."
This!
I wouldnt adjust your hours. You will end up not being happy after a few months trust me.
I kept my sons friend 3 days a week. They knew I closed at 5. They were to try and be here by then but they show up at 430 some days and others at 6! I wont be inviting them back this school year.
Reply Up