Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time Flys
Controlled Chaos 12:32 PM 07-14-2016
I am updating all my QRIS information so I can apply for a grant. I was enjoying looking back at all the pictures I submitted last year, showing my centers, toys, and the kiddos using them. My space, supplies and kids have changed so much! I used last years grant to get quite a bit of furniture (a science center shelf and a shelf for the block area. It looked so bare before! This is only my second year in this location but seeing the progress from the pictures feels good. Its almost making me not SUPER annoyed at all the toys required for QRIS for the kids to have access to constantly Yep, I'll get right on that music/art/dramatic play/sciene/math area OUTSIDE. You know, the place that is covered in snow half the year and over 90 degrees the other half. But those few weeks on either side of the two main seasons, we will use all those centers like crazy out there
Cat Herder 01:07 PM 07-14-2016
I am doing the same. I am a bit bummed by the old pictures, though.

We used to have so much fun, but doing 4 lesson plans for 6 kids (that nobody reads), by myself, plus attempting to follow the ridiculous hand washing procedures.

If I follow the "wants" exactly we would be in the bathroom for approximately 3 hours, outside 3 hours, eating for 3 hours, and actually interacting 1 hour per day. Divided 6 ways, of course.

I am becoming a skilled con-artist so my kids can have a play based program. NOT my life goal.
Controlled Chaos 12:18 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am doing the same. I am a bit bummed by the old pictures, though.

We used to have so much fun, but doing 4 lesson plans for 6 kids (that nobody reads), by myself, plus attempting to follow the ridiculous hand washing procedures.

If I follow the "wants" exactly we would be in the bathroom for approximately 3 hours, outside 3 hours, eating for 3 hours, and actually interacting 1 hour per day. Divided 6 ways, of course.

I am becoming a skilled con-artist
so my kids can have a play based program. NOT my life goal.
I feel ya. I am a rule follower by nature and having a really hard time figuring out how to get the most quality criteria so I can get grants, but not lose my mind. I don't want to lie, but they are asking for the impractical. I do a huge amount of toy rotation, so I have a ton of toys at storage. They want me to have 12 baby rattles out at any one time. I have 1 under 2 right now. She doesn't need 12 rattles lol The big kids don't need 4 kinds of blocks out. I have a decent sized dedicated space but where would I put all of these toys out? Its too much. Its crazy.
Tags:grant, qris
Reply Up