Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Members Only" Daycare.com Forum??
Michael 12:51 PM 08-23-2013
This was my response to a thread in our Private Members Only section and I decided to make it public here.

I've often considered making the forum “members only” but still feel that most of the unregistered comments are helpful and conversational. I was surprised to find out today that The Huffington Post is going to allow comments from only registered members, that use their real identity, in order to change the toxic climate of their article’s public conversation. I am both Liberal and Conservative and I read/watch most news sources (so don't label me! )

I've seen many blogs also going to "member’s only". While I understand the reasoning, it makes me believe the country is heading in a more conservative direction. The internet allows for just about anything and it is my belief it should be self regulated by its owners; us.

This forum is run by its members. I pay the expenses of its bandwidth, servers, databases and management. Here is what BlackCat, the moderators and I have decided:

This forum is to stay both a members and unregistered forum. IF an unregistered poster is not in keeping with this forum's constructive demeanor, their IP will be banned; rendering them no access to the forum or other Daycare.com related areas. Registered members will be judged by our members and should contact me if there is a problem and I will deal with it.

I banned a "member" today that was constantly posting as unregistered and causing unnecessary drama. If he/she had used their account and used this forum in a positive manner, there would have been no reason ban them.

As always, I or any of the moderators are here to help you. They don't get paid or are given any perks. I appreciate their taking the time to help make this forum a positive daily experience for me and the rest of us. Let's keep it that way.
Tags:daycare.com, forum environment
Up