Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trip to Toys R Us
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 03:04 AM 03-24-2016
I went to look for added stuff for my daycare. I didn't expect to leave with 5 bags. They had the 80ct Mega building blocks for 9.99 so I ended up with 4 of them and thinking about going to buy more before end of sale Saturday. Then they had all fisher price toys B1G1 so I got 4 little people sets. Saturday I'm gonna go buy the barn so I can get the castle or playhouse for free.
Josiegirl 04:14 AM 03-24-2016
Nearest Toys r us to me is 80 miles away, probably a good thing too.
Sounds like a very fun shopping trip!!!

I still sing their 'I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid' song all the time.
LindseyA 06:39 AM 03-24-2016
Thanks! I don't shop there often since the nearest one to me is 25 miles out. But I was planning on going near there this Saturday! Hmm... Should I or shouldn't I.... Lol!
Baby Beluga 06:47 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
I went to look for added stuff for my daycare. I didn't expect to leave with 5 bags. They had the 80ct Mega building blocks for 9.99 so I ended up with 4 of them and thinking about going to buy more before end of sale Saturday. Then they had all fisher price toys B1G1 so I got 4 little people sets. Saturday I'm gonna go buy the barn so I can get the castle or playhouse for free.
Nice! I'll have to see if the one near me is having the same sale. I've been wanting LP sets for a while
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:35 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Nearest Toys r us to me is 80 miles away, probably a good thing too.
Sounds like a very fun shopping trip!!!

I still sing their 'I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid' song all the time.
The b1g1 is online too... Not good for my bank account
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:36 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Nice! I'll have to see if the one near me is having the same sale. I've been wanting LP sets for a while
I found it online too. I don't know if that varies from area to area too.
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 03-24-2016
The b1g1 is online too... Not good for my bank account
So many co-conspirators on this site. Making me spend money on daycare, toys, new stuff, feeding my obsession. Ugh!!

Baby Beluga 10:07 AM 03-24-2016
I found it online too. I don't know if that varies from area to area too.
I just noticed that! I want to get the barn, but am debating between the house or the castle...hmmm, decisions
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:47 AM 03-24-2016
I just noticed that! I want to get the barn, but am debating between the house or the castle...hmmm, decisions
I know I had that problem last night myself. Now I'm over here looking up prices (Amazon, TRU, Target and Walmart) since the TRU is right around the corner it price matches. So since Walmart has the Big Zoo Animal set for 24.97 instead of the 39.99 I'm hoping I can get that and then the choo choo zoo train for free. Then I'm gonna buy the Giraffe and get the hippo free.

I ordered the barn and then the pack of farm animals that way I have two barn sets.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:49 AM 03-24-2016
So many co-conspirators on this site. Making me spend money on daycare, toys, new stuff, feeding my obsession. Ugh!!
I know I found a step 2 panda climber for 106 yesterday and the lookout climber/slide for 116. I did put back the Mr. potato heads that were 4.99 but I might pick those up tonight too. I have like 5 of them but never hurts to have more.
Baby Beluga 12:37 PM 03-24-2016
I know I had that problem last night myself. Now I'm over here looking up prices (Amazon, TRU, Target and Walmart) since the TRU is right around the corner it price matches. So since Walmart has the Big Zoo Animal set for 24.97 instead of the 39.99 I'm hoping I can get that and then the choo choo zoo train for free. Then I'm gonna buy the Giraffe and get the hippo free.

I ordered the barn and then the pack of farm animals that way I have two barn sets.
Wow! Will they price match ad grant the bogo? I think I may call my local one and see. I think I remember the Babies R Us telling me that you can only do one promo at a time. So either the price match or the bogo. But how awesome would it be if they matched and granted bogo?
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 01:34 PM 03-24-2016
Wow! Will they price match ad grant the bogo? I think I may call my local one and see. I think I remember the Babies R Us telling me that you can only do one promo at a time. So either the price match or the bogo. But how awesome would it be if they matched and granted bogo?
I'm gonna try it and see because somethings are much cheaper on Amazon. Which then since most things were prime and I get free two day shipping then I will just order it there and get the b1g1 from the store.
Mandy 04:39 PM 03-24-2016
This is corny for me to say this but.... hooray for awesome deals like the ones you found .
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 11:56 AM 03-25-2016
So last night I got them to price match the big zoo animal playset. It was listed for 39.99 but I showed her how Walmart.com had it for like 24.86 and she gave it to me for that price. Then I got the big giraffe for 14.99 and the big hippo for free. Then I got the big train set for 29.99 and the pink barn for free. I also got another firetruck for 14.99 and a airplane for free. So in two days I have bought
(2) firetruck
(1) tractor
(1) train
(1) airplane
(2) big zoo animal
(1) big zoo animal playset
(1) pink barn
(1) tug boat
(1) helicopter for a total of
(4) bags of 80ct

All for less than 160.00
Rockgirl 02:47 PM 03-25-2016
So last night I got them to price match the big zoo animal playset. It was listed for 39.99 but I showed her how Walmart.com had it for like 24.86 and she gave it to me for that price. Then I got the big giraffe for 14.99 and the big hippo for free. Then I got the big train set for 29.99 and the pink barn for free. I also got another firetruck for 14.99 and a airplane for free. So in two days I have bought
(2) firetruck
(1) tractor
(1) train
(1) airplane
(2) big zoo animal
(1) pink barn
(1) tug boat
(4) bags of 80ct

All for less than 160.00
Nice haul! I love getting new toys.
Blackcat31 05:01 PM 03-25-2016
I did put back the Mr. potato heads that were 4.99 but I might pick those up tonight too. I have like 5 of them but never hurts to have more.

....I'm so embarrassed

I have atleast 3 dozen. All with accessories (Spiderman, Buzz Lightyear, Holiday editions etc)

I couldn't stop collecting them at garage sales and thrift stores and sales.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 05:09 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

....I'm so embarrassed

I have atleast 3 dozen. All with accessories (Spiderman, Buzz Lightyear, Holiday editions etc)

I couldn't stop collecting them at garage sales and thrift stores and sales.
Bahahaaaa. These are on my list of yard sale stuff to watch for. I'm slowly building my stockpiles. I will definitely be watching for more sales on stuff more closely. I wasn't 100% sure I would continue after my youngest started school, but decided to commit to it now I'm building it all up
Blackcat31 05:15 PM 03-25-2016
Bahahaaaa. These are on my list of yard sale stuff to watch for. I'm slowly building my stockpiles. I will definitely be watching for more sales on stuff more closely. I wasn't 100% sure I would continue after my youngest started school, but decided to commit to it now I'm building it all up
Dont even ask me how many My Little Ponies I have..

Yeah, when you know you're in it for the long haul the hoarding, I mean collecting gets a bit out of hand.
Josiegirl 05:31 PM 03-25-2016

Yeah, when you know you're in it for the long haul the hoarding, I mean collecting gets a bit out of hand.
Where do you store all the stuff or do you keep it all out? I just don't have the space; I used to rotate a few things but for the most part now, I keep everything available or get rid of it.
Josiegirl 05:35 PM 03-25-2016
(2) firetruck
(1) tractor
(1) train
(1) airplane
(2) big zoo animal
(1) pink barn
(1) tug boat
(4) bags of 80ct

All for less than 160.00
Omigosh, your dcks will LOVE you!!
During the summer when I've hit some great yard sales, I cannot wait for Monday mornings. The kids come in and I'll say 'go look in the playroom' and they go running.
Blackcat31 06:19 PM 03-25-2016
Where do you store all the stuff or do you keep it all out? I just don't have the space; I used to rotate a few things but for the most part now, I keep everything available or get rid of it.
Most everything is everything is out and available at all timrs.
I have several IKEA shelving units with slide in tubs. Each tub (or tubs depending on size) holds a collection.
Alisyn 10:40 AM 03-27-2016
(2) firetruck
(1) tractor
(1) train
(1) airplane
(2) big zoo animal
(1) pink barn
(1) tug boat
(4) bags of 80ct

All for less than 160.00
What a haul! I love this! Good job!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 01:09 PM 03-27-2016

Yes I've noticed the "collecting" has started. Everything I see I think how can involve that in daycare. I hope this settles down.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 01:17 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Alisyn:
What a haul! I love this! Good job!
Thank you. I'm loving it. The kids are loving it. Now I'm going to keep a search to upgrade everything
Tags:toys r us
Reply Up