Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Advice on Divorced DCP
akpayne 12:06 PM 05-01-2012
So just interviewed the cutest little DCB to start part time. He seems great. Problem is parents are going through a divorce. Dad left mom, got someone else pregnant and is marrying her. ouch. Mom is great, has cut back her hours at work to spend more time at home (why he is only going to be PT) but Im not sure how to handle the situation. Discussing the schedule and payment as he alternates weeks per custody (one week at moms, one week at dads). Mom made initial contact and set up the interview.
Should I be making Dad sign a contract as well? She says hes on board with everything but I fear some issues occuring in the future.

How do others handle couples who arent together? Thanks all
Ariana 12:56 PM 05-01-2012
It seems that most people require one parent to be the sole person to deal with and make a contract with and it's that parents responsability to get payment etc from the other parent. It makes things a lot easier to deal with.

Hopefully someone else can chime in but you may want to do a search for "Divorce" and look at some other threads. Good luck!
Kiki 02:40 PM 05-01-2012
I've only had one family that was divorced, but they came to the interview together. To be on the safe side, I had both of the sign a contract just so nobody could pull the 'I'm not the one who signed Billy Jean up, I don't have to pay you!' card on me. But that is just me, I agree on maybe looking through some other threads to get more ideas on how to handle it.
Blackcat31 03:09 PM 05-01-2012
I require ONE parent to be in charge of all payments, schedules and changes in those things. Everythign else is handled by the parent dropping off that day.

I send out two of everything that I would give to other families.
Meeko 03:28 PM 05-01-2012
ONE parent is in charge of payment so there's no trying to pass the buck. They BOTH sign the contract, but it is clear on paper which one pays. They have to work out their own reimbursement to each other.

They BOTH sign the contract saying they will abide by day care rules as far as all other policies go.
akpayne 04:28 AM 05-02-2012
thanks everyone! i never thought about having ONE person responsible, but that does make the most sense I will discuss further with DCM when she is here next week....I just want to set up a system because I am sure this wont be my only divorced parents at some point.
Tags:divorced parents
Reply Up