Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need to Find a Curriculum for My Daycare
kpa0627 07:20 PM 03-25-2010
Ok, so I've been doing some research on different curriculums for my new in home daycare. I have toddlers and preschool ages. I have it narrowed down to 8 different ones I've found online. I want to know if anyone has/is using any of these or knows anything about them before I purchase one.
*Adventures in Learning
*Mother Goose Time
*Early Beginnings Preschool Program
*World of Wonder Curriculum
*Home Preschool Program
*KidCrafters Preschool Program
*Funshine Express Curriculum

Any info would be helpful!
gkids09 07:24 PM 03-25-2010
My grandmother, when she owned the daycare, used to have Mother Goose. She loved it. Personally, I create my own. I have children ages 1-5, so they are at all different maturity/developmental levels, and they can't all do the same things. I am getting my degree in early childhood education so I have learned a lot of things that help the kids develop and learn without having to pay for a curriculum that "makes" all the kids do the same thing. However, if you are pulling for a curriculum, I'm pulling for Mother Goose.
kpa0627 07:38 PM 03-25-2010
Thanks for the info. I thought that one looked pretty good. I think you can order a curriculum based on the ages of children to so I could order some for toddlers and some for preschool age. Do you know if the crafts were "cookie cutter" crafts or does it allow for creativity?
originalkat 07:43 PM 03-25-2010
I use Funshine Express and I think it is a really good curriculum. I know several others use it as well...DBug and Caroles Daycare if my memory serves me correctly.
gkids09 09:23 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by kpa0627:
Thanks for the info. I thought that one looked pretty good. I think you can order a curriculum based on the ages of children to so I could order some for toddlers and some for preschool age. Do you know if the crafts were "cookie cutter" crafts or does it allow for creativity?
I remember some were the cookie cutter crafts, but others allowed for creativity. Also, I remember that the ones that were cookie cutter could be easily altered to let the kids kind of put their own creativity into it. So even though some of the crafts would be pretty much the same, they still had the kid's own touch to it. It was nice because all the supplies were included, and if I remember correctly, poems, fingerplays, chants, and short stories came with it too.
originalkat 07:07 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by gkids09:
I remember some were the cookie cutter crafts, but others allowed for creativity. Also, I remember that the ones that were cookie cutter could be easily altered to let the kids kind of put their own creativity into it. So even though some of the crafts would be pretty much the same, they still had the kid's own touch to it. It was nice because all the supplies were included, and if I remember correctly, poems, fingerplays, chants, and short stories came with it too.
This is true of Funshine Express as well.
TGT09 07:27 AM 03-26-2010
Apparently, I'm a newbie in this area because where can you buy a whole curriculum? I have researched and researched until I'm blue in the face! Is there a website? I'm flabbergasted in all of my research I haven't found anything like this!
TGT09 07:39 AM 03-26-2010
I just googled funshine express and found it! Looks AWESOME and I will be ordering asap! What a wonderful resource! I am soooo relieved to have found something! I have been trying to make up my own and it's been getting overwhelming! I have no background in this so I was pulling it out of you know where!

What are some of the other websites that you have found that offer this?
kpa0627 07:57 AM 03-26-2010
TGT09,
Hi, I found several different curriculums that could be used for daycares. If you go to my first post there are 8 different ones that I found that looked interested. Google each of those and you will find their website and you can see which one you like the best. I just don't know which one to choose is my problem!! lol
TGT09 08:05 AM 03-26-2010
Oh ok, I thought they were all ones from one website! Awesome, thanks!

My other question is: for the summer time I have school-aged children? Do you typically take the summer "off" from curriculum or is there a preferred school-aged curriculum as well??
originalkat 12:48 PM 03-26-2010
Funshine Express has a school age supplement. I am considering taking the summer "off" though. HEHEHEHE.
TGT09 03:19 PM 03-26-2010
I saw that after I posted. Funshine Express has a summer curriculum and I'm so excited to get mine in the mail! It looks awesome and wish I would have found it months ago instead of stressing!
Tags:funshine express
Reply Up