Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Child testing my limits
Unregistered 07:18 AM 10-28-2014
So I need advice I have a daycare boy age 2 I have him and his sister she's 3 1/2. This boy does stuff that is really bothering me. He picks paint off my walls to the point he was picking out the drywall he is constantly bothering my electronics ripping cords out or trying to pull my speaker wires or to my surround system (I have the wires under the couches out of sight) he picks paint off my window seals, he has ruined my blinds in a few Windows bending them. I'm just cringing every morning he's here his sister is great she has no behavior like that I've told the parents they dream to just brush it off. I've done time out told him no many times nothing is working I'm just in a bad mood every time he is here
Play Care 07:43 AM 10-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I need advice I have a daycare boy age 2 I have him and his sister she's 3 1/2. This boy does stuff that is really bothering me. He picks paint off my walls to the point he was picking out the drywall he is constantly bothering my electronics ripping cords out or trying to pull my speaker wires or to my surround system (I have the wires under the couches out of sight) he picks paint off my window seals, he has ruined my blinds in a few Windows bending them. I'm just cringing every morning he's here his sister is great she has no behavior like that I've told the parents they dream to just brush it off. I've done time out told him no many times nothing is working I'm just in a bad mood every time he is here
At 2 he wouldn't be out of my sight. So if I need to do something else, he's at the table (buckled in a booster) with some sturdy toys. Or maybe a tall gated play yard that is set up so he can't move the yard across the room or climb out of. If he was still damaging my property after that, I'd start billing the parents. But I would try to be proactive about it first because they will claim its a supervision issue to get out of paying for it.
Good luck!
Unregistered 07:54 AM 10-28-2014
I do have a booster I'll try that. He seams to do it when my back is turned helping the other girl or my 3 year old. I'm pretty sure the parents will refuse to pay for the damages I've already had to patch a hole in my wall he's picked at. The mother is kind of unatentive she seams to always be more involved with her boyfriend than actually help correct behaviors or help me work on correcting his
AmyKidsCo 09:11 AM 10-28-2014
Definitely keep an eye on him at all times! Also, since he's into picking things, maybe give him a sheet of big stickers and paper so he can pick at the stickers. Instead of cords, maybe lacing shapes & laces?
Annalee 10:15 AM 10-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I do have a booster I'll try that. He seams to do it when my back is turned helping the other girl or my 3 year old. I'm pretty sure the parents will refuse to pay for the damages I've already had to patch a hole in my wall he's picked at. The mother is kind of unatentive she seams to always be more involved with her boyfriend than actually help correct behaviors or help me work on correcting his
Make him a "pocket buddy"....her puts his hand in YOUR pocket and goes wherever you go!!!!
Reply Up