Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Losing 2 Kids
melissa ann 06:52 AM 11-07-2011
Well, I was informed on friday by g-pa that he might be going part-time, in that case he will not be able to afford daycare. (Gramps pays me and takes it out of his rent from his daughter) So, I wanted to talk it over with mom because at the end of last year I believe, her place of work closed down. She still wanted to keep the kids here, until she found another job. In the end, she found one within a month. But, she said the same thing as her dad. He will be going part-time Nov 28. Which would mean the week of Thanksgiving would be their last.
Which would leave me with one part-timer. I am hoping that I will be able to replace them quickly. The last time when I lost a dck, I had a replacement within in 3 weeks.
This is my first dcf. The girl just turned 1 when she came to me, and she will be 5 in Feb. Her brother was 5 weeks and he's now 2 1/2.
I'm not sure what will happen if I don't find replacements. My husband is a compulsive gambler and does not pay any bills or anything for our 2 kids. I rely on this income to get by.
beachgrl 07:02 AM 11-07-2011
So sorry you are going through such, can you go ahead and start advertising just in case so you have a jump on when they stop attending? When will they know for sure if they will be stopping?

I would advertise for two spots with as much advance as I could and try tonget some more kiddos in place if they do end up stopping care.

Good luck with it all
small_steps 07:23 AM 11-07-2011
Oh no! I know how you feel. I rely on mine too (I'm a single mom).. Start advertising now if you can to try to have a replacement by the time they leave. I really hope it works out for you.
Tags:accidents, injury
Reply Up