Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CA Providers - New Updates
sharlan 07:49 AM 09-02-2014
Here are our summer updates.

http://ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/CCUpdateSummer2014.pdf
MarinaVanessa 09:36 AM 09-02-2014
Thanks Sharlan.

The Immunization Reporting part is new to me. I knew that the affidavit requirements for refusal to immunize have changed but I hadn't heard about a new requirement about having to go online and report immunization records for the children.
KBCsMommy 09:45 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Thanks Sharlan.

The Immunization Reporting part is new to me. I knew that the affidavit requirements for refusal to immunize have changed but I hadn't heard about a new requirement about having to go online and report immunization records for the children.
I'm wondering if it's only for centers and facilities. I haven't heard or received anything either.
daycare 10:11 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Thanks Sharlan.

I was told that was only for centers???
sharlan 11:09 AM 09-02-2014
Once again, CA is clear as mud.

I had already emailed my analyst asking for his input.
daycare 11:10 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:

smart idea..
mom2many 11:27 AM 09-02-2014
I will call mine too, since Ca seems to be different depending on your county. Thanks for the update Sharlan!
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 09-02-2014

I called my office also. The "officer of the day" didn't even know the new update was out either much less whether or not the vaccine reporting pertains to us fcc providers. Gotta love our licensing structure.
sharlan 01:30 PM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I called my office also. The "officer of the day" didn't even know the new update was out either much less whether or not the vaccine reporting pertains to us fcc providers. Gotta love our licensing structure.
That's why I always question and ask the person to show me in writing when someone in CA say's "We can or we can't do........."
daycare 03:39 PM 09-02-2014
those updates are from 2013??? I sent it to my analyst and that is what she said.

she also said this:

That being said I went to the Immunization Education Program and they confirmed that since you are a family provider if you don’t get a letter from the Immunization Education Program then you do not have to enter the children’s immunization data into the State data base.

I am curious to see what you guys get back.......lol
SignMeUp 03:43 PM 09-02-2014
I can never quite figure why they don't just have physicians submit this info online. It would be more accurate, and more timely. First hand info.
sharlan 04:15 PM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
those updates are from 2013??? I sent it to my analyst and that is what she said.

she also said this:

That being said I went to the Immunization Education Program and they confirmed that since you are a family provider if you don’t get a letter from the Immunization Education Program then you do not have to enter the children’s immunization data into the State data base.

Interesting, since it was just sent out in the past few days under "Summer 2014".
daycare 04:22 PM 09-02-2014
Interesting, since it was just sent out in the past few days under "Summer 2014".
thats what I saw too, but she said those changes took place in 2013??????

I pretty much never belive what I am told and will email someone at child care law to get the real update in writing.

last time I was told, you misunderstood what I emailed you.....WTH always a way to make me wrong
TwinKristi 09:37 PM 09-02-2014
Maybe this has to do with the extra form we have to fill out? I have one enrolled who's on an alternate schedule and his Ped filled out the state form and it's in his file with his blue card.
BrooklynM 10:52 AM 09-03-2014
Speaking of blue forms- is there some way that you can get these mailed to you? Who do you call? I really need some but I have no idea how to get them. Where do you get them?
sharlan 11:25 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
Speaking of blue forms- is there some way that you can get these mailed to you? Who do you call? I really need some but I have no idea how to get them. Where do you get them?
I called our local health dept who refered me to the county health dept. They sent me a stack of 50.
MarinaVanessa 01:56 PM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:

she also said this:

Well the update says Summer 2014 on it so if those are old updates that licensing is recycling then they need to get their act together

I doubt it's an old update because I followed the link to the website and the website says to come back the second week of September and that's when they launch it. The update does also say that more info will come in September so I'm thinking that I'll hear more at that time. Either way I wrote to the main office in CA and complained.

And in any case I still printed out the update to have on hand and use to show the parents when they complain about updating vaccines on time and bringing in their vaccination records. The update doesn't say whether this applies to me or not but I can still use it as "See, licensing says so"
BrooklynM 02:26 PM 09-03-2014
I called our local health dept who refered me to the county health dept. They sent me a stack of 50.
Thank you! I will call the health department!
sharlan 11:28 AM 09-15-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Maybe this has to do with the extra form we have to fill out? I have one enrolled who's on an alternate schedule and his Ped filled out the state form and it's in his file with his blue card.
My analyst was just here and he had no idea what it was about. I showed them the update. The lady with him thought maybe it was about the extra form.
Reply Up