Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attempted Hanging at Daycare...
Boymom 06:06 PM 11-18-2016
What....on......earth?????

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...?client=safari
daycare 08:23 PM 11-18-2016
Sounds like some serious mental illness or something like that was going on with this person. So sad and scary.
Ariana 06:48 PM 11-19-2016

I have no words.
MunchkinWrangler 07:47 AM 11-20-2016
Very alarming! The thought process alone is very scary to even do this to a child. Luckily the child will be ok.
Josiegirl 02:17 PM 11-20-2016
Was it just a coincidence that the mom happened to show up and save him? Did the provider call dcm because she knew she was having a breakdown? Has anyone heard anymore about this story? Very bizarre and scary!!
Gemma 02:41 PM 11-20-2016
We live in a very sick world
Michael 02:52 PM 11-20-2016
More info: http://www.startribune.com/child-sur...s/401902155/#1
MunchkinWrangler 05:41 PM 11-20-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Was it just a coincidence that the mom happened to show up and save him? Did the provider call dcm because she knew she was having a breakdown? Has anyone heard anymore about this story? Very bizarre and scary!!
It was actually a parent of a different child who just happened to show up early that day and walked in. Otherwise the outcome would have been devastating for all.
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
It was actually a parent of a different child who just happened to show up early that day and walked in. Otherwise the outcome would have been devastating for all.
Thanks, after I read Michael's link, I went oops. Either way, something seriously cracked in that provider and thank God the little guy is going to be okay. If I were a dcparent, especially of there, I'd be hard pressed to ever go out to work again and leave my child with someone else. My trust would be completely gone.
Cat Herder 08:53 AM 11-21-2016
Then was involved in a hit and run fleeing the scene, hit that driver when they exited their vehicle, continued on to hit a bicyclist, then tried to jump from an overpass into oncoming traffic???? Did I read this story correct?
daycarediva 08:55 AM 11-21-2016
What in the WORLD!? So glad my kids and my dckids are with ME.
Boymom 09:15 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Then was involved in a hit and run fleeing the scene, hit that driver when they exited their vehicle, continued on to hit a bicyclist, then tried to jump from an overpass into oncoming traffic???? Did I read this story correct?
Yes, I had to read the story 3 times because I couldn't believe what I was reading!!
Boymom 09:16 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
What in the WORLD!? So glad my kids and my dckids are with ME.
Exactly! I don't trust my kids with anyone but my husband and I and a couple of family members. That's it!
Blackcat31 09:44 AM 11-21-2016
One of the pedestrians she hit was 6 months pregnant and was drug a few hundred feet or yards before...

Sad part is this provider had NO previous citations or correction orders listed on the provider look up site.

Her license still reads active but I assume since this all happened Friday during a state wide blizzard (DHS offices shut down at noon that day) updating the system is the farthest thing from their mind.
Cat Herder 10:07 AM 11-21-2016
I just saw her daycare page, the public-at-large has just found it. It is beginning to fill up pretty quick with comments.
Silly Songs 10:22 AM 11-21-2016
It sounds like she had some sort of mental breakdown. I am so glad a parent caught her in time. I'm sure more will come out about what caused this, if anything.
Cat Herder 10:43 AM 11-21-2016
http://www.startribune.com/client-sp...ler/402137485/

>> client<< noted that Karia’s youngest daughter just had her first birthday in the past couple of weeks, and “I suspect she was struggling with postpartum depression or something similar. I feel a sense of guilt that I didn’t notice she was struggling — how isolated she must have felt.”

She said that in all that time, “I’ve always known her to be a loving and generous day-care provider and mother.”

Her son became friends with Karia’s daughters, and “in fact, my two children [the son and a 5-year-old daughter] and hers went trick-or-treating together on Halloween.”

>client< emphasized that she’s not making excuses for what Karia is accused of doing, “but I strongly believe that what she did is completely inconsistent with who I know her to be in general — a caring woman.”
mommyneedsadayoff 10:44 AM 11-21-2016
http://www.startribune.com/client-sp...ler/402137485/

>> client<< noted that Karia’s youngest daughter just had her first birthday in the past couple of weeks, and “I suspect she was struggling with postpartum depression or something similar. I feel a sense of guilt that I didn’t notice she was struggling — how isolated she must have felt.”

She said that in all that time, “I’ve always known her to be a loving and generous day-care provider and mother.”

Her son became friends with Karia’s daughters, and “in fact, my two children [the son and a 5-year-old daughter] and hers went trick-or-treating together on Halloween.”

>client< emphasized that she’s not making excuses for what Karia is accused of doing, “but I strongly believe that what she did is completely inconsistent with who I know her to be in general — a caring woman.”
That is so sad and scary.
Josiegirl 10:51 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
That is so sad and scary.
There was a woman locally, had a baby many many years ago. She was diagnosed with PPD after she threw her baby in the woodstove. She couldn't live with herself and committed suicide not long after. We just don't know unless we walk a mile, ya know?? I cannot imagine what PPD must be like.
JackandJill 10:56 AM 11-21-2016
What a sad story all around. Thank God that parent arrived when they did!
mommyneedsadayoff 10:57 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
There was a woman locally, had a baby many many years ago. She was diagnosed with PPD after she threw her baby in the woodstove. She couldn't live with herself and committed suicide not long after. We just don't know unless we walk a mile, ya know?? I cannot imagine what PPD must be like.

I had PPD with my second and it is scary and hard to deal with, but this sounds like Post Partum Psychosis. Like Andrea Yates (??) who drowned her five kids in the tub. Like she had a complete mental break and everything went south from there but it is a miracle that parent showed up and the little one survived! It is just sad all around and so traumatic for everyone involved. I hope she gets the help she clearly needs.
Blackcat31 01:23 PM 11-23-2016
http://kstp.com/news/minneapolis-day...4326050/?cat=1
Tags:article, mental illness, postpartum depression, postpartum psychosis, providers own children
Reply Up