Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Break Down Cribs?
Jessie 10:30 AM 01-03-2013
I keep going back and forth on this. My DCKs play in my basement playroom, but nap on the first floor of the house so that I don't have to sit in the basement twiddling my thumbs during naptime.

I only have two kids still in pnps, but if I leave them up after day care hours, then I have to look at them and work around them after hours, and I want my home to be daycare free when I'm not working! However, if I break them down, then I have to set them up again in the morning. It only takes a few minutes, but mornings seem crazy even without crib set up.

Just curious what others do!
Play Care 10:32 AM 01-03-2013
We nap upstairs. Kids on mats are in the "guest" room and the 2 PNP's are in my kids bedrooms. Thankfully the rooms are large enough that at the end of the day I just push the PNP's to the side of their rooms. I only take them down on the weekend. If they were in the main living area I would have to take them down nightly.
Provider_Manda 10:51 AM 01-03-2013
We nap in my living room and I put up and tear down everyday..I can't stand to look at them all day long!! lol
daycarediva 11:11 AM 01-03-2013
I have a designated nap room, but it is used for gross motor in winter often. So, in winter they come down (although I only use 1 right now). In summer when it's nice they stay up M-F and come down on weekends for cleaning.
MarinaVanessa 02:34 PM 01-03-2013
I leave one up all of the time since I have one infant here 4 days a week but once a week I have 2 infants so I set it up and break it down on that day BUT I only have to do it once a week and the other one stays up all week and I break it down after cleaning on Friday.

One day I will own a larger house and I will have a separate nap room and I will NEVER have to set-up and break down a crib again.
youretooloud 02:39 PM 01-03-2013
I only leave one up...but, it's in an unused room. (other than Baby sleeping in it) The others go up and down every day.
Jessie 04:08 PM 01-03-2013
I wish I had a separate room for napping! My 1st floor is a big open floor plan, cribs sit in my living room and dining room, I would love to just shut the door on them! Just curious if I was being ridiculous breaking them down every day - although in a couple of weeks, I'll only have kids 1 day a week, so it won't be so bad!
Tags:crib, crib safety
Reply Up