Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long Can A 15mo Go
Cynthia 12:27 PM 02-21-2014
My grandson is now 15mo. Was a good eater for me , ate every thing I gave him. Now he troughs every thing on the floor that he does not like. Wants to be feed in lap from table. His mother comes for launch every day (started because she breast feed him) and my day care is not open. Well now mom is not going to be coming. I will be open soon I hope. He is screaming the walls down because I took him out of chair and put him down. Told him that I would get pillow for his head if he was going to lay there screaming.Started this before mother stopped coming. I know I can Not give in.
e.j. 12:27 PM 02-22-2014
In my experience, most kids go through a picky eater phase. I wouldn't worry too much if he's not eating everything you give him. They also tend to throw foods on the floor. I usually just try to be as consistent as possible letting them know they shouldn't do that. If they persist, I take the food away and have them help me pick the mess up. Usually it doesn't take too long for that behavior to stop.

As far as the tantrums are concerned, what worked best with my son when he was young was to calmly tell him to let me know when he was done. The less attention I paid to the tantrum, the better. The more attention paid, the longer the tantrum would go so I would usually just walk out of the room. He was usually much calmer in a much shorter amount of time than if I played into his tantrum.
Cynthia 06:16 PM 02-27-2014
Thanks , I well try getting him to help clean up. He started putting toys away this week so I know he can help.
lovemykidstoo 06:21 PM 02-27-2014
Jut keep doing what you're doing and sooner or later he'll understand that you're not going to give in. If he's throwing food on the floor then absolutely get him down from his chair and lay him down. Our son went through a stage where he wouldn't eat hardly a thing at 2. The doctor said that as long as he wasn't getting full on junk food, then not to worry that he wasn't going to starve. Maybe make his plate for lunch and if he doesn't eat it, wrap it up for later. When he gets hungry again later, give it to him again.
Reply Up