Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Time
iRadiateLove 06:17 AM 12-01-2016
So, I usually take one week vacation every year and all federal holidays. I left a blank on my contract stating how many weeks I would take but I'm thinking of changing it to two weeks a year. All of vacation time is paid time off.

I'm wondering how much time off people usually take. I would love to up my time to two weeks off as I lose a week of time share every year... I'm even open to doing one whole week vacation and one week broken down into individual days.

What are your standards?
jenboo 06:22 AM 12-01-2016
I take two weeks off, plus a few long weekends, plus all holidays.
Only holidays are paid.
Annalee 06:27 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I take two weeks off, plus a few long weekends, plus all holidays.
Only holidays are paid.
I follow the school calendar with the exception of summer and two full weeks vacation and all federal holdays. I also close personal and professional days. I take 2-3 days extra around Memorial Day and July 4th. I charge 52 weeks per year. For Christmas I am closed Dec. 23-Jan 3.
Play Care 06:36 AM 12-01-2016
Three weeks of vacation and most Federal holidays. I also give myself 5 paid personal/sick days.
daycarediva 06:56 AM 12-01-2016
I probably take the least amount of paid time off, or time off in general.

I do not take week long vacations. I take 14 days total, paid. The rest of the time, I'm working or my assistant/sub is working.
Heart12 07:28 AM 12-01-2016
I take a week vacation in the summer, xmas eve through new years day & all major holidays off paid
NeedaVaca 07:30 AM 12-01-2016
I take 2 weeks vacation, 5 personal days and major holidays. All paid, I am paid 52 weeks per year.
midaycare 07:43 AM 12-01-2016
I'm closed for 10 holidays, but I have a sub for vacations, so I'm gone as much as I want. Usually we take one big 2 week vacation each year.
DaveA 07:51 AM 12-01-2016
I do the major federal holidays, my birthday, and my anniversary as my paid days off. Any other closures are unpaid. I take a winter break of either one week or a pair of Friday/ Monday closings and a 1 week summer break. I usually have to take a couple long weekends a year for either one of my shows or DW's races.
Unregistered 07:57 AM 12-01-2016
I take 2 weeks Christmas break, 1 week spring break, 1 week summer break, 4 federal holidays, and 6 personal days as needed, and I am closed on Fridays. All paid.
Cat Herder 08:06 AM 12-01-2016
I take two full weeks and all federal holidays, per year.

I only charge for federal holidays that fall on the actual work day.

It feels like more of a two way street that way.
childcaremom 08:20 AM 12-01-2016
I take a minimum 2 weeks unpaid each year. It is stated 'minimum' in my contract so if I use the 2 weeks early and feel burnt out towards the end of the year, I can take some more time off.

I have stat holidays off with pay.

All of my current clients are teachers so I have Christmas, March and summer off, unpaid. I love it and find it a great stress buster to have built in breaks. Don't ever want to go back to full year clients.

Take the vacation you need to recharge. Paid or unpaid, do what you need to do. The clients who value you won't mind your policies.
iRadiateLove 08:29 AM 12-01-2016
This gives me a lot to think about! Thanks!
Crazy Baby 08:33 AM 12-01-2016
I take 3 weeks unpaid vacation per year. I also take all state and federal holidays off with pay.
finsup 08:37 AM 12-01-2016
I take 2 full weeks, and a third week as long weekends (like taking a Friday or Monday when we go camping). It's all unpaid though. No one has minded but I do make a point to ask them if there is any time they're taking off before my husband turns his vacation schedule in. We can be pretty flexible so if I can time it with their vacations etc, I will. When my husband goes to 4 weeks of vacation, I'll take 3 solid weeks and an additional week split up. like it or not, my family comes first. Families that have back up is a huge help, so I encourage establishing that from day one.
Tags:paid days off, paid holidays, paid time off, paid vacations
Reply Up