Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training - Question About Two Week Dry Period
Baby Beluga 02:38 PM 01-25-2017
I have a DCK who is in the process of potty training. the following days this has happened:

1/12 - accident
1/13 - dry
1/16 & 1/17 - absent
1/18 - today - dry

Since she was absent on the 16th & 17th should I start the two week period on the 18th? Or since she has been dry since the 13th on her days present should I start it from the 13th?

Just wondering your opinions on this. FWIW, she remains dry in a pull up here (and at home) but doesn't want to wear underwear at home for some reason.
Mike 03:06 PM 01-25-2017
I would say, unless she's normally there 7 days a week, you can't really restart after 2 days absent or you'd be restarting every Monday, and 2 weeks will never happen.
Snowmom 03:09 PM 01-25-2017
I would want to SEE two full weeks dry at daycare.
Which means 5 full days one week, 5 full days the next, THEN I assess the progress.
childcaremom 03:27 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I would want to SEE two full weeks dry at daycare.
Which means 5 full days one week, 5 full days the next, THEN I assess the progress.

I agree. I actually have one month in my policies. But it's at my discretion to allow underwear. If child is ready (verbal, able to hold for a min or two until we can get to the toilet, etc etc), and is successful here for 2 weeks then I will allow it. The month gives me some breathing space just in case.
Tags:potty training, potty training policy
Reply Up