Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Will Anyone Share Their Daily Routine With Me For Ages...
Breezy 04:45 AM 01-24-2012
11 months-15 months?

My ds is 11 months and when there are no dcks here I have really no routine with him. I just had a 13 month old dcg start today and it is going to be a juggling act at first when my ds wakes up until everyone gets to know eachother. I want to establish a routine with them within the next few days so that on Friday when all dcks are here everything will go smoothly!

I would love to see your routines. Our day starts at 5:30 and she gets picked up around 2:30-3:00
Meyou 04:52 AM 01-24-2012
730-8am - arrival
8am to 10ish - morning nap
10am bum changes and snack
1030-1130 free play in the playroom or outside (I normally sit with them)
1130 bum changes and lunch
1215 afternoon nap
230 up and dressed to walk to school
3pm outside play
4pm pm snack
415-530 - free play in playroom or crafts/puzzles at the table.

That's baby to about 2 years old for me.
Breezy 05:04 AM 01-24-2012
Thank you! She actually just was rubbing her eyes and cuddling with me so I did that for a bit and thwn put her down for a nap but I felt bad for napping her only a half hour after she got here so I am glad I read your routine. Shes asleep now!
Meyou 06:23 AM 01-24-2012
Mine are always ready to go right back down with they get here. I think it's all the activity in the mornings. Woken up, dragged out of bed, stuffed with food, mom and dad bustling around, stuffed into a snowsuit, out in the cold, car ride and back into the house. That's alot going on for a baby in a short amount of time.
Sunchimes 06:29 AM 01-24-2012
My parents all have very erratic schedules, so it's hard to keep to anything regular. One is here from 5:45-6:15, one is here from 3:30-8:30, one is sort of in the middle. However, rarely do I have all 3 at once. My kids are 16 months old. This is a very basic goal for our day.

5:45-7- nap
7-7:30-diapers and we play, read books, push toys
7:30-8:00-Breakfast and tooth brushing
8:45-9:15-if I need to run an errand and have an errand child, we use this time to run errands or we play outside if it isn't too wet, cold, or blustery (I have one child that I never take on errands-if she is here, we stay home, and I have one with ear issues, so we try not to go out if it's too blustery)
9:15-9:30 snack
9:30-11:30-naps (that's optimistic, depending on who is here--with one child, naps are 9:30-10:30)
Free play until lunch--sometimes I try an art project, sometimes we put on music and sing, sometimes, we crawl around the floor with trucks and make vroom, vroom, squeal, noises (I have all girls, it's adorable! My knees hate me!)
12:00-12:45 lunch and tooth brushing
12:45-2-we play out part of this time, take a walk, and dump buckets of toys, aka free play Again, it depends on the season. We rarely play outside for long in the summer
2:00 snack and winding down for naps
2:30-4 naps
4:00 getting ready for pick up when appropriate
From 4 until the various pick ups (which run from 2:00 to 8:30, depending on mom's schedule that day) we play. We watch our Signing Time videos or one of the other videos. We take walks, we go visit the neighbor's dog through the fence, we talk to the flowers and the yard flamingos, anything to break up the day and get us out of the playroom.

I'm probably not much help because I rarely have a typical day. The above is just my goal.
Breezy 07:03 AM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
My parents all have very erratic schedules, so it's hard to keep to anything regular. One is here from 5:45-6:15, one is here from 3:30-8:30, one is sort of in the middle. However, rarely do I have all 3 at once. My kids are 16 months old. This is a very basic goal for our day.

5:45-7- nap
7-7:30-diapers and we play, read books, push toys
7:30-8:00-Breakfast and tooth brushing
8:45-9:15-if I need to run an errand and have an errand child, we use this time to run errands or we play outside if it isn't too wet, cold, or blustery (I have one child that I never take on errands-if she is here, we stay home, and I have one with ear issues, so we try not to go out if it's too blustery)
9:15-9:30 snack
9:30-11:30-naps (that's optimistic, depending on who is here--with one child, naps are 9:30-10:30)
Free play until lunch--sometimes I try an art project, sometimes we put on music and sing, sometimes, we crawl around the floor with trucks and make vroom, vroom, squeal, noises (I have all girls, it's adorable! My knees hate me!)
12:00-12:45 lunch and tooth brushing
12:45-2-we play out part of this time, take a walk, and dump buckets of toys, aka free play Again, it depends on the season. We rarely play outside for long in the summer
2:00 snack and winding down for naps
2:30-4 naps
4:00 getting ready for pick up when appropriate
From 4 until the various pick ups (which run from 2:00 to 8:30, depending on mom's schedule that day) we play. We watch our Signing Time videos or one of the other videos. We take walks, we go visit the neighbor's dog through the fence, we talk to the flowers and the yard flamingos, anything to break up the day and get us out of the playroom.

I'm probably not much help because I rarely have a typical day. The above is just my goal.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write that out! Wow you have a long day!! Very helpful to me!!
Sunchimes 07:22 AM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write that out! Wow you have a long day!! Very helpful to me!!
It isn't always that bad. Everyone's schedule is so different that the long days are pretty scarce right now. One mom is on maternity leave and one is on an alternate schedule (I almost never see the baby) for 90 days. I worked until after midnight the last 2 nights, but I didn't start until 2 pm. See what I mean about hard to plan?
Countrygal 12:44 PM 12-04-2012
I'm bringing this thread back around because I am in the same boat as Sunchimes in this thread. I have three that come at 5 - 5:30 am, two leave at 7 am, one comes at 11 am, I have three all afternoon and one leaves at four just when two come back and then the three leave about 5.

Schedules really stink!!

Now dcd is having a fit because nap is so late (2pm). Honestly, it is rather late, but I have two of the three dcbs in afternoon preschool.

I've had one suggestion to split up the preschool time to some before and some after lunch, which might work. I'm looking to find out if, like Sunchimes, there are others that have these crazy, mixed-up schedules and how do YOU handle them??? I did notice that my schedule is very close to Sunchime's schedule..... but one parent is very unhappy with it....
MNMum 12:53 PM 12-04-2012
How do you keep up with these schedules! I've just come to the conclusion that anyone over 9 mos needs to be on the same napping schedule, or my sanity whithers...
Countrygal 01:13 PM 12-04-2012
MNMum - it was working fine until this dcd, who is relatively new. Noone else complained about the schedules. But now that he wants nap time earlier, I am having trouble fitting it in.

It is becoming a BIG stress in my life, which is not something I am willing to tolerate for long, thus asking for some input....
MNMum 02:33 PM 12-04-2012
From what I have learned from the providers on this forum, your house - your rules. If you can figure a way to get nap even 30 minutes earlier, maybe that would work for both you and this dcd. Sometimes when nap is late like this older kids (over 18 mos), have a hard time going to sleep at night. If it is a young toddler or infant, I wouldn't think that would be the problem.
frugalmama4 04:10 PM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I'm bringing this thread back around because I am in the same boat as Sunchimes in this thread. I have three that come at 5 - 5:30 am, two leave at 7 am, one comes at 11 am, I have three all afternoon and one leaves at four just when two come back and then the three leave about 5.

Schedules really stink!!

Now dcd is having a fit because nap is so late (2pm). Honestly, it is rather late, but I have two of the three dcbs in afternoon preschool.

I've had one suggestion to split up the preschool time to some before and some after lunch, which might work. I'm looking to find out if, like Sunchimes, there are others that have these crazy, mixed-up schedules and how do YOU handle them??? I did notice that my schedule is very close to Sunchime's schedule..... but one parent is very unhappy with it....
CountrygaL, I know you know better...this is your house and you're the BOSS...not dcd. When I take in a new kid...the first stop on our tour is the parents board with a sign that says "MY HOUSE MY RULES" I personal don't care what my daycare kiddos and their parents do out side of my house...my kids sleep/poop/play and eat on my terms...and that's finial!

I have one kid (my night kid drop off 5:00pm) some days mom needs to bring him earlier 10:00-11:00ish, mom knows she has to get him up no later then 8:00am and fed breakfast no later then 8:30/50, I can tell when he gets up later and eats later...I will not allow one kid to ruin my nap schedule...all my dcp's know this.

Put your foot down now...

My nap schedule -

12mo (arrives 6:30am) nap 6:30-8:10
6mo (arrives 7:40isham) nap 8:30-10:00
All others 18mo ,22mo, 4yr one nap only 1:00-3:30ish
Babies also nap at 1:00
Countrygal 11:43 AM 12-05-2012
frugalmama - I DO know better. This guy is very controlling, and the kids are having a very hard time right now (family issues), so I am really trying to accommodate as much as possible. But I know you are right. I think I will try moving it up just a small amount. I'm going to tell him it's a trial to see if it works for everyone, especially me, and if it does not we go back to the old way.

I'm not adverse to change IF IT'S FOR THE GREATER GOOD. If it causes more stress, the answer will be simply NO, and maybe you'd better start looking......
Unregistered 11:50 PM 12-07-2012
OMG are you crazy?

Sorry, but I work from 8am to 4:45 and that's my limit. I am not a morning person so if somebody asked me for 6am or 7am I would say no thanks!
Tags:schedule - examples, schedule chart
Reply Up