Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Potty Training Question
jenboo 09:28 AM 09-09-2019
Hi!
I am revamping my Handbook before I reopen my daycare. I only serve children 0-24 months. Would you include a potty training policy or would you put that parents are welcome to potty train at home but XX daycare does not provide potty training services?
Unregistered 02:27 PM 09-09-2019
Do you want to provide potty training? I work at a center and we have kids right around 16-19 months starting to use the potty. We got one who was potty trained (and in undies ALL day) by 18 months. We have a rule though that we wont start till 16 months (and then ONLY if your child shows readiness signs.
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Hi!
I am revamping my Handbook before I reopen my daycare. I only serve children 0-24 months. Would you include a potty training policy or would you put that parents are welcome to potty train at home but XX daycare does not provide potty training services?
I wouldn't even address it.
How awesome to not have to even discuss this issue.

IF you have a child within your age group that is potty training, I'd address it then but otherwise, I'd leave it be and not even mention it.
jenboo 03:30 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

IF you have a child within your age group that is potty training, I'd address it then but otherwise, I'd leave it be and not even mention it.
One of the few pros of only taking kids under 2
jenboo 03:31 PM 09-09-2019

If a parent brings it up, would I just give them a handout with our policy but leave it out of the handbook?
Blackcat31 04:24 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
If a parent brings it up, would I just give them a handout with our policy but leave it out of the handbook?

That’s how I’d handle it!
jenboo 10:04 PM 09-09-2019

That’s how I’d handle it!
Awesome! Thanks!
Snowmom 06:43 AM 09-10-2019
I actually would. I have had so many families want to train their child at around 17 months. They may think you'll start the process so they can get their child ready for the next one (who may offer a discount for PT'd children).

Since you are 0-2, I would include a small paragraph that includes something similar to:

XYZ daycare caters to children age 0-2 yrs. We do not offer potty training assistance and require diapers for all children enrolled.

I probably wouldn't even address the potty training specifically though and include that section in by "Supplies".
jenboo 01:22 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I actually would. I have had so many families want to train their child at around 17 months. They may think you'll start the process so they can get their child ready for the next one (who may offer a discount for PT'd children).

Since you are 0-2, I would include a small paragraph that includes something similar to:

XYZ daycare caters to children age 0-2 yrs. We do not offer potty training assistance and require diapers for all children enrolled.

I probably wouldn't even address the potty training specifically though and include that section in by "Supplies".
Valid point.
I actually supply all diapers and wipes.
Tags:potty training, potty training not included
Reply Up