Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is Part Time Care?
Greenshadow 09:47 AM 06-07-2010
How many hours is part time care to you? In my contract I have 20 hours as being part time. Anytime over that is full time. My parents sometimes will ask me if their child doesn't come on a given day (like Memorial Day), do they still have to pay me for that day. The answer is Yes, if the total week hours is over 20, the rate is still the full time rate. Its not necessarily per day for me. Its hours that matter. If they decide to keep their child home sick one day during the week but their rate is full time and the remaining days are over 20, the rate is still full time. It doesnt change because their child is not here one day, per se. Unless Ive decided to give them a day at no pay to them, which I dont do because I rarely take time off. And they signed a contract as full time so their rate wouldnt change anyway, unless their work hours did and we re-signed a contract.

So what is part time to you?
HeatherB 09:48 AM 06-07-2010
I only have full week and daily.. my daily is slighly higher then if they atteneded all week.
momma2girls 10:01 AM 06-07-2010
My fulltime is over 3 days- 25-27 hrs.max. then anything over this is fulltime at the fulltime rates!
nannyde 10:06 AM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by Greenshadow:
How many hours is part time care to you? In my contract I have 20 hours as being part time. Anytime over that is full time. My parents sometimes will ask me if their child doesn't come on a given day (like Memorial Day), do they still have to pay me for that day. The answer is Yes, if the total week hours is over 20, the rate is still the full time rate. Its not necessarily per day for me. Its hours that matter. If they decide to keep their child home sick one day during the week but their rate is full time and the remaining days are over 20, the rate is still full time. It doesnt change because their child is not here one day, per se. Unless Ive decided to give them a day at no pay to them, which I dont do because I rarely take time off. And they signed a contract as full time so their rate wouldnt change anyway, unless their work hours did and we re-signed a contract.

So what is part time to you?
Part time: Any schedule requiring three or four days per week attendance. Schedules must be set. If you are contracted for a varying weekly schedule the schedule must be given on Friday for the upcoming week and approved.

Absences

The parent must pay for ANY schduled day their child misses child care for any reason. If your child is absent any day of the week you are still responsible to drop them off and pick them up at the contracted times each attending day thereafter. We do not make up any time for missed days. Absences on one day do not allow you to use more day care hours on any other day. Part time children can not attend the day care on an unscheduled day to make up for a missed scheduled day.

We have a different rate structure for part time. Part time is a minimum of three full working days per week. Each day is a maximum of nine hours per day. We do not provide drop in care. We do not offer half day rates.

Part Time Rates

3:00 p.m. departure $33.00 per day

3:15 p.m. departure $34.00 per day

3:30 p.m. departure $35.00 per day

3:45 p.m. departure $36.00 per day

4:00 p.m. departure $37.00 per day

4:15 p.m. departure $38.00 per day

4:30 p.m. departure $39.00 per day

4:45 p.m. departure $40.00 per day

5:00 p.m. departure $41.00 per day

5:15 p.m. departure $42.00 per day

5:30 p.m. departure $43.00 per day

5:45 p.m. departure $44.00 per day
melskids 10:49 AM 06-07-2010
for me.... if they're not here ALL day, EVERY day, then its part time. as far as holidays, if they normally are here the day a holiday falls on, then they pay. if its not a normal scheduled day, then they dont have to pay me.
fctjc1979 01:56 PM 06-07-2010
Since I'm technically open 24/7, I let parents choose either hourly, daily, or full time. Daily is cheaper per hour than hourly and full time is cheaper per day than daily. I charge the hourly rate for anything over 9 hours per day or 45 hours per week.
misol 06:15 PM 06-07-2010
Part-time for me is anything less than 20 hours.
Greenshadow 06:21 PM 06-07-2010
Thanks for the replies. I think Im okay then, doing part time as less than 20 hours too. I try to keep it less complicated and as simple as possible and I try to stick to the contract thats signed.
Tags:part time care, rate
Reply Up