Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Feeling Good Today... I Know Mom Is Gonna Get Whiney!
MrsB 06:47 AM 03-12-2012
So I was sick most of the weekend with an upset tummy. Luckily no vomitting or diarrhea but I did have a fever of 101+. I let my parents know yesterday that I had been sick and that if I wasnt feeling better then I would have to close Monday. So last evening my fever broke and I am feeling better. I sent a text this morning to everyone saying that my fever was gone, so I would be open today, but it was up to parents if they wanted to expose their kids or not. If they chose to keep them home, they could use their monthly personal day and their account would be credited for the day. (I offer parents 1 day per month they can use for sick/personal that if their child doesnt attend I will credit their account for that one day)

So one mom, who doesnt work today but brings daughter anyway. Meant to forward husband my text, but by mistake replied to me. Saying "oh boy, what should I do? I was really looking forward to some me time"

Let me preface, by saying I do not care that she brings daughter on her days off. She pays for the days, she is entitled.

In this case, I can not believe that she would bring her daughter and expose her. Did she forget that her daughter gets EVERYTHING!? Did she forget that she is really low on PTO? Does she remember how stressful she gets when she has to miss work for her daughters illnesses?

I hope all goes well, but I just know how this one is gonna go. DCG is gonna get sick and then we will all have to listen to mom whine, about how she has to miss ANOTHER day of work for illness. Only thing worse than whiney kids is whiney adults!

I hardly ever get sick so it doesnt happen very often, but do you close everytime you get something contagious? Do you leave it up to the parents, if you feel well enough to remain open but obviously have some sort of bug?
Country Kids 06:57 AM 03-12-2012
Even if I feel better I try to close because I try to get an extra day to totally recover and get my strength back. I would rather close an extra day then get resick and have to close for more days. I have been sick this year more then ever and it seems to take awhile for me to really feel well again and have my energy back.

One of my own is sick today and I gave the option to everyone to keep little ones home. Everyone will be here except one and they are SA. I gave the option so that parents know we do have illness in our family and I try to keep them away from everyone but they will still need me through the day for drinks, meds, cool washcloths, etc.
Breezy 07:00 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
So I was sick most of the weekend with an upset tummy. Luckily no vomitting or diarrhea but I did have a fever of 101+. I let my parents know yesterday that I had been sick and that if I wasnt feeling better then I would have to close Monday. So last evening my fever broke and I am feeling better. I sent a text this morning to everyone saying that my fever was gone, so I would be open today, but it was up to parents if they wanted to expose their kids or not. If they chose to keep them home, they could use their monthly personal day and their account would be credited for the day. (I offer parents 1 day per month they can use for sick/personal that if their child doesnt attend I will credit their account for that one day)

So one mom, who doesnt work today but brings daughter anyway. Meant to forward husband my text, but by mistake replied to me. Saying "oh boy, what should I do? I was really looking forward to some me time"

Let me preface, by saying I do not care that she brings daughter on her days off. She pays for the days, she is entitled.

In this case, I can not believe that she would bring her daughter and expose her. Did she forget that her daughter gets EVERYTHING!? Did she forget that she is really low on PTO? Does she remember how stressful she gets when she has to miss work for her daughters illnesses?

I hope all goes well, but I just know how this one is gonna go. DCG is gonna get sick and then we will all have to listen to mom whine, about how she has to miss ANOTHER day of work for illness. Only thing worse than whiney kids is whiney adults!

I hardly ever get sick so it doesnt happen very often, but do you close everytime you get something contagious? Do you leave it up to the parents, if you feel well enough to remain open but obviously have some sort of bug?
I usually leave it up to the parents if I am feeling up to it. I woke up this morning with no voice and feeling like crap- I must have gotten what everyone has been passing around here but in this case I didn't say anything since everyone has been sick.
CheekyChick 07:20 AM 03-12-2012
I guess "me" time is more important than her child staying healthy.

We never close unless myself AND my assistants get sick, which hasn't happened.
cheerfuldom 08:11 AM 03-12-2012
I barely ever close for myself (maybe one or two days tops in 5 years). But I understand that whiney parents are annoying
MrsB 01:25 PM 03-12-2012
So the same DCM in the original post, came to drop off, she asks, when does DCG usually get up from nap? I respond about 2:30. She says, "okay then I will be here close to 3 to get her. I'm sure you would like your rest and it will make it easier on you." So during nap, other DCPs call and ask how I am feeling. I state, tired but okay, they ask what daycare kids came and which ones didnt. So I tell them, 2 didnt come, 2 getting picked up at 3, so they both say they will get here as close to 3 as possible, probably more like 315. I am thinking this is so cool. All these parents are really appreciating what I do for them and are willing to pick up early since I dont feel good, but still remained open.

So now its 4:00 and all kids have been picked up except for original "whiney" mom who said she would be here after nap to get daughter at 3.

I am not complaining that I have her when I am contracted until 430, but how rude to say your gonna be here at 3:00 and then show up at normal time!
daycare 01:36 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
So the same DCM in the original post, came to drop off, she asks, when does DCG usually get up from nap? I respond about 2:30. She says, "okay then I will be here close to 3 to get her. I'm sure you would like your rest and it will make it easier on you." So during nap, other DCPs call and ask how I am feeling. I state, tired but okay, they ask what daycare kids came and which ones didnt. So I tell them, 2 didnt come, 2 getting picked up at 3, so they both say they will get here as close to 3 as possible, probably more like 315. I am thinking this is so cool. All these parents are really appreciating what I do for them and are willing to pick up early since I dont feel good, but still remained open.

So now its 4:00 and all kids have been picked up except for original "whiney" mom who said she would be here after nap to get daughter at 3.

I am not complaining that I have her when I am contracted until 430, but how rude to say your gonna be here at 3:00 and then show up at normal time!
I would have called her and said, Hi Susie, just wanted to make sure you are ok. YOu said that you were coming at 3pm to pick up DCG and since you aren't here, I figured something must have happened to you. NOt trying to make her feel guilty, just trying to make her own up to her words....
MrsB 01:41 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would have called her and said, Hi Susie, just wanted to make sure you are ok. YOu said that you were coming at 3pm to pick up DCG and since you aren't here, I figured something must have happened to you. NOt trying to make her feel guilty, just trying to make her own up to her words....
Normally I would have, but my mind is all off today!

When she got here her daughter (20 mos) was pretty upset. She said, has she been like this all day?

I said no, just since 3:00 when I made the mistake of telling her her mommy was gonna be here soon and I got her shoes and coat on.
Tags:whining
Reply Up