Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What’s For Supper?
dEHmom 11:35 AM 05-31-2011
yum, just whipped up a batch of beef stew. About an hour before supper i'll make some dumplings to add in. smells so yummy.

I have been craving it. I'm going to have to start making a huge stock pot because my biggest crock pot isn't big enough!

while i was chopping the beef, i looked outside, and nearly black clouds rolled through, winds picked up, and it started pouring. thank goodness it kept moving!
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 05-31-2011
My DH is making chicken kabobs and mac'n cheese cups with grilled asapargus tonight! YUM!!
dEHmom 12:08 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My DH is making chicken kabobs and mac'n cheese cups with grilled asapargus tonight! YUM!!
stew sounds better :P
lil angels 12:11 PM 05-31-2011
Tacos, nice and easy
dEHmom 12:13 PM 05-31-2011
i've gotten lazy with my tacos lately, i make a huge batch, and then i just use the chips to scoop it.

i love tacos, but i've started using the taco time seasoning packet vs the old el paso. i find it tastes much better
meganlavonnesmommy 12:17 PM 05-31-2011
French Dip Sandwiches
MyAngels 12:21 PM 05-31-2011
I think I'll make enchiladas tonight.
KEG123 12:36 PM 05-31-2011
Burgers n fries, probably carrots too. Was going to have it last night but dbf's mom made us some yummy chicken wraps.
Live and Learn 12:42 PM 05-31-2011
Pesto pasta, asparagus, homemade bread, home canned cherries.
Live and Learn 12:44 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
mac'n cheese cups YUM!!
What are these?
AnythingsPossible 12:47 PM 05-31-2011
Cheese Burger Salad, and maybe make some bread. Probably don't need the carbs though!
Blackcat31 12:54 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
What are these?
I found the recipie in a magazine a few years back and everyone in my family LOVES them! It is sorta like this: ( I don't have the complete recipie with me)

Boil lasagna noodles, drain, and place them in an "X" shape in a muffin tin. Fill the muffin tin with shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, smoked mozzerella, and shredded parmesan. Bake at 350F degrees until the top is golden brown (my DH likes 'em a bit blackened). Remove and let sit for about 10 minutes! YUM YUM!!

Probably not the most nutritious but sooo delicious!! If you are interested, I will PM you the whole and correct recipie. Just let me know.
AfterSchoolMom 01:03 PM 05-31-2011
Those sound really good!!!

We're grilling tonight - cinnamon chipotle chicken breast and grilled corn on the cob. We've got a huge watermelon in the fridge too.
SilverSabre25 01:08 PM 05-31-2011
I have no idea...I was just at the doctor (crossing fingers that it was my last OB appointment of this pregnancy!) and am pleased with the verdict from the check they did...but am positive that we aren't doing/planning anything complicated or fancy or anything. It'll be simple 'cause I really hope to head into active labor any time now!
dEHmom 02:12 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I have no idea...I was just at the doctor (crossing fingers that it was my last OB appointment of this pregnancy!) and am pleased with the verdict from the check they did...but am positive that we aren't doing/planning anything complicated or fancy or anything. It'll be simple 'cause I really hope to head into active labor any time now!
sit on the wash machine while it's on a lopsided spin cycle.
eat spicy foods
have some lovin with dh

and you'll be in labour in less than 24 hours

of course you can change the order to eat, have some lovin with dh ON the lopsided spin cycle.
or if you have a quad or something, take a ride on a bumpy trail.

2 out of 3 of my kids were born after something similar lol
wdmmom 02:15 PM 05-31-2011
Hamburgers, hotdogs and cheesy brats (on the grill), french fries, pasta salad and homemade cole slaw. Yummm
SilverSabre25 02:25 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
sit on the wash machine while it's on a lopsided spin cycle.
eat spicy foods
have some lovin with dh

and you'll be in labour in less than 24 hours

of course you can change the order to eat, have some lovin with dh ON the lopsided spin cycle.
or if you have a quad or something, take a ride on a bumpy trail.

2 out of 3 of my kids were born after something similar lol
been doing some of that lately...and more planned today even though the thought makes me cringe!
safechner 03:02 PM 05-31-2011
Very interesting! I will make turkey sausage, green bell pepper, corn, celery, and red beans mix to cover brown rice for dinner. Tomorrow night, we are having chicken with creamy dijon herb sauce, small salad, and green beans.
Luna 03:07 PM 05-31-2011
Pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus. And Rolo ice cream for desert
melskids 04:02 PM 05-31-2011
we had chef salads....i save roast turkey and ham in the freezer for nights like tonight when i just dont feel like cooking and its hot out. of course, salad becomes fattening when i add cheese, and bacon, and croutons, and.......

littlemissmuffet 04:36 PM 05-31-2011
You're all much braver than I... I'm wiped. We're ordering pizza.
All your meals tonight sound so yum!
jen2651 05:27 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I tried everything except caster oil with my daughter...a pedicure with my son the afternoon before is what sent me with him. With my daughter, I ran up and down my flight of stairs a couple times taking them 2 at a time. Oh, and I did share a beer with my dh that night. Those are the two things my dr. told me to do! She is so fantastic!
Lianne 06:42 PM 05-31-2011
I had a grilled sausage in a tortilla wrap with fresh spinach, a tossed salad and corn on the cob. Using tortilla wraps is my new favorite way to eat sausages!
Tags:menu, supper
Reply Up