Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Great Mom
Leanna 11:48 AM 07-23-2013
There isn’t much status in our society attached to moms. Sure, everyone “loves” their mother and everyone smiles when they see a mom with a cute baby, but really we don’t pay attention to the good ones. When a mom hurts or neglects her child people pay attention, but no one prints newspaper articles about the mom who stays up late making a Minnie Mouse cake for her daughter’s first birthday. The six o’clock news does not feature a story about the mom who gets a pre-teen out of bed & ready for school, two preschoolers and a baby ready for the day complete with nice outfits, lunches made, hair combed, and still makes it to work on time. And, oh yeah, does all this while pregnant too. There will be no biography written about the mom who takes in not one, but two, children that she did not give birth to, loves and cares for them just as much as she does the sons she did birth, and fights everyday to do what is best for them. We won’t hear about the mom who spent literally every moment until her death thinking about and caring for her family. We won’t hear about it because everyone thinks that is just what moms do. Well, not every mom. Too many mothers are not mothers first. Someone who is a mother first prioritizes her children above all else. To be a mother first is not glamorous. It is not always fun. In fact, it often sucks. But a true mom, someone who is a mom first, does it because she loves her kids. That Minnie Mouse cake or the special toy bought with money from working overtime or the bedtime stories and those camping trips might seem ordinary to you, but to her children those things are what made their mom great. Those are the things that allowed them to feel loved and secure and to someday grow-up to be good parents too. Rest in peace. You were a mom first...and that is a damn fine thing.

This is something I wrote for my friend who passed away during childbirth on Monday. I know that it is very personal but I feel the need to tell people about her. She was an awesome person, a true mother first, and she isn't the kind of person people hear about...but we should! I just want to celebrate her.
Play Care 11:54 AM 07-23-2013
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family.
MyAngels 12:00 PM 07-23-2013
I'm so sorry for your loss, and the loss of her family as well

She sounds like a wonderful person and is surely an angel now.
Crystal 12:45 PM 07-23-2013
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Did her baby survive?

Oh, wow, my heart is aching for all who have lost such an amazing MOM!
Leanna 12:57 PM 07-23-2013
Yes, her baby made it. He must be a tough little guy. My heart just hurts because he won't ever know his mom.
Crystal 01:01 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
Yes, her baby made it. He must be a tough little guy. My heart just hurts because he won't ever know his mom.

Cradle2crayons 01:05 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
He is a tough little guy. And I know he will be fine because his special mom had a special friend like you. You can tell him all about her one day

I'm sorry for your loss. Was it expected she wouldn't make it or a shock??
Leanna 01:30 PM 07-23-2013
A total shock.
littlemissmuffet 01:32 PM 07-23-2013

proudmommyofthree 01:53 PM 07-23-2013
I'm so sorry for your loss . My thoughts and prayers and with you and her family.
daycarediva 02:58 PM 07-23-2013
That is so very true, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Thoughts going out to her friends and family.
Reply Up