Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mom Wants My Side of the Story...
Unregistered 04:52 PM 05-08-2020
I've posted here before. I recently left my preschool (well was forced to resign) because I reported two teachers for abuse and neglect. They ended up finding nothing because the other witnesses kept quiet. I was really upset about it and swore off ECE field.

I decided to get back into nannying. I didn't know where to start so, I started on a FB page where nanny and babysistters can find work in my area. I put out a post and got a message. I got a message from a former parent of my former student from said daycare.

Ofc the daycare had to tell the parents there was a cps investigation but nothing was found. So she know that someone called cps. As it turns out, she is good friends with a teacher I use to work with. That teacher let it slip that i was "caught in a lie and terminated."

Ofc I wasn't caught in a lie and fired. That is just the lie my ex bosses told my employees to cover their butts. This mom explained to me how she thought it was off and he feels like somethings missing. She wants to know my side of the story.

You should know that this mom is also a teacher so things like this aren't foreign to her and I think that's why she feels as though somethings not right. Can I tell her the truth? I do have the paper that says I resigned voluntary. That's the only thing I've got going for me.

No cameras in the room = no evidence. Teachers are keeping quiet about it, I'm stuck. I just don't know how she's handle the info... I mean I never seen the teachers do anyhthing to her daughter so...

Legally, can I do this? That's all I'm worried about.
Josiegirl 03:35 AM 05-09-2020
As to the legality of it? Not sure. But TBH I wouldn't step into that quagmire. What would it benefit anyone now? If you feel the need to say anything, I'd just tell them things aren't always what they appear to be, there are 2 sides to every story and that you have a document stating you voluntarily resigned; that's as far as I'd take it. Is this person just being nosy or wants to take it further to change things within? I would have to wonder what her reasons are for needing to know.
If you were to tell them your side, I'd be afraid your former boss could come back with a case of slander, etc.
littlefriends 07:33 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
As to the legality of it? Not sure. But TBH I wouldn't step into that quagmire. What would it benefit anyone now? If you feel the need to say anything, I'd just tell them things aren't always what they appear to be, there are 2 sides to every story and that you have a document stating you voluntarily resigned; that's as far as I'd take it. Is this person just being nosy or wants to take it further to change things within? I would have to wonder what her reasons are for needing to know.
If you were to tell them your side, I'd be afraid your former boss could come back with a case of slander, etc.
Agreed. Nothing good can come of telling her. All she truly needs to know is you weren't fired-you left voluntarily and have proof of so-and that's that. Too much could go wrong going any further than that.
Ariana 08:44 AM 05-11-2020
I would say something like “I called CPS because I had concerns and was then terminated. For legal reasons that is all I can say”. Just the facts. You can’t sue someone for stating facts. Do not name anyone involved.
jenboo 09:12 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I would say something like “I called CPS because I had concerns and was then terminated. For legal reasons that is all I can say”. Just the facts. You can’t sue someone for stating facts. Do not name anyone involved.
this is what I would do
Tags:cps, investigation, nanny, rumors
Reply Up