Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare post on FB
mommyneedsadayoff 11:45 AM 07-20-2015
"Looking for licensed daycare or child development center in ****. I will be checking your references and your place out. I have an almost to 3 year old and almost 1 month old. I will need it in a few weeks."

I just came across this on my FB feed. I don't know why, but when people say they WILL be doing this, this, and that, I get turned off right away. I am so lucky to have great families who searched for me, not eh other way around! The second line "I will be checking your references and your place out" just rubs me the wrong way. I guess you cannot get tone from a FB post, but demanding is just not a great start to any childcare relationship imo.

BTW, a stay at home mom responded, so good luck to her!
AuntTami 12:44 PM 07-20-2015
I dont get offended, I just don't even bother reading them. If I see a "I must" or "I will" or "I need to" I keep moving. This is MY business, and MY home. You may check me out, I encourage you to do so, but don't forget that I make the rules and I have the final say!
TXhomedaycare 01:03 PM 07-20-2015
I agree. I posted an ad on craigslist a few months ago when I had 1 spot open and I received a text stating "say hey do you still have a child spot? craigslist" I still did have the spot open but I replied no and took down my post. I asked my husband if I was wrong and he said no. I have been burned a few times in the past. I read into every word when I get a message.
crazydaycarelady 01:17 PM 07-20-2015
That line, and the way it is written, is a turn off to me also.
mommyneedsadayoff 01:53 PM 07-20-2015
The same person had two other listings right below ISO twin bed, couch, and baby gates, perferrably free or yard sale prices. I am always looking for a good deal, don't get me wrong, but something about her dayacre post and then searching for free goods just rubbed me wrong. Again, so glad I ave the families I do!
Reply Up