Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did some reorganizing yesterday
Josiegirl 05:04 AM 08-02-2015
I cleared out my oldest dd's room to make room for 2 P'N'Ps this fall. I also want to buy a changing table to put in there because it's right next to the bathroom and off the kitchen so it'd be a great place to have one.
I put 3 shelving units in there for storing the boatload of games, puzzles, Legos, Gears, and extra stuff that dcks don't always play with. And, somehow I fit the huge wooden dollhouse with the tub of stuff that goes with it in there too. So that cleared out the playroom nicely. YAY!!

I took her twin mattress into the playroom, placed a canopy(not sure if that's really what it's called, it's a hoop attached to the ceiling with sheer lacy material), moved the bookshelf and baskets of stuffed animals, to define a nice reading corner. (Hope it stays that way!!)

I've got a nice block corner, situated with all the Little People type stuff and FP house, barn, Waffle blocks, baskets of people and cars, animals, etc.

Then I have a dramatic corner using the play kitchen, doll bed, and dress-up.

I still have some rearranging to do but I like the way it looks less messy and more usable.

In the living room, I've got baskets of different kinds of blocks along with tons more books, and the plastic dollhouse they play with the most. I will eventually rotate some of the books out; I've got way too many displayed.

I wish I could post pictures from my camera but have no clue.

It's kind of funny, I feel comfortable staying in a rut but get excited when change happens.
mommiebookworm 08:42 AM 08-02-2015
Good for you! Please keep us updated on how the mattress with canopy goes. I thought about doing that with a crib mattress, but wasn't too sure if they would spend most of the time jumping on it
mamamanda 09:20 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I cleared out my oldest dd's room to make room for 2 P'N'Ps this fall. I also want to buy a changing table to put in there because it's right next to the bathroom and off the kitchen so it'd be a great place to have one.
I put 3 shelving units in there for storing the boatload of games, puzzles, Legos, Gears, and extra stuff that dcks don't always play with. And, somehow I fit the huge wooden dollhouse with the tub of stuff that goes with it in there too. So that cleared out the playroom nicely. YAY!!

I took her twin mattress into the playroom, placed a canopy(not sure if that's really what it's called, it's a hoop attached to the ceiling with sheer lacy material), moved the bookshelf and baskets of stuffed animals, to define a nice reading corner. (Hope it stays that way!!)

I've got a nice block corner, situated with all the Little People type stuff and FP house, barn, Waffle blocks, baskets of people and cars, animals, etc.

Then I have a dramatic corner using the play kitchen, doll bed, and dress-up.

I still have some rearranging to do but I like the way it looks less messy and more usable.

In the living room, I've got baskets of different kinds of blocks along with tons more books, and the plastic dollhouse they play with the most. I will eventually rotate some of the books out; I've got way too many displayed.

I wish I could post pictures from my camera but have no clue.

It's kind of funny, I feel comfortable staying in a rut but get excited when change happens.
That sounds awesome!!! I love reorganizing. Just did it again this weekend my self. I made a reading corner a while back by building a frame(well, my dad built it) & putting a crib mattress on it in a long closet in the playroom. I store tubs of sensory toys under it & my kids love it. It is utilized often. I explained the first day that it wasn't a place to bounce, but a calm reading area. I told them upfront jumping on it one time equals loss of privileges for the day. We haven't any trouble. That's the one area that always stays clean & nice. I hope your reading spot works out well also!!!
Thriftylady 12:29 PM 08-02-2015
Only one question? What are you going to do when she comes home to visit? Other than that I envy you!
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Only one question? What are you going to do when she comes home to visit? Other than that I envy you!
The hard question would be what will happen when my other dd(whose bedroom is upstairs)comes to visit. THAT room is the one where everything has just gotten dumped.

I don't expect either of them before Christmas. And by then things will be more cleared out. Worse case scenario is I'll sleep on the couch and they can have my room.

Yeh, I've wondered how that will go with jumping on the mattress. I'm going to lay down the law. But I love it right now. They WILL lose it if they abuse it.
Sunchimes 04:30 PM 08-02-2015
The kids physical therapist wants me to get a crib or twin size mattress to put on the floor and let them walk over it to help balance. I have 2 one year olds and an almost 3, which will mean hours a week stooped over holding onto them, never mind finding a place to store it. I'll have to do it, but I'm not going to be in a hurry to find a mattress. ;-)
Controlled Chaos 07:58 AM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
The kids physical therapist wants me to get a crib or twin size mattress to put on the floor and let them walk over it to help balance. I have 2 one year olds and an almost 3, which will mean hours a week stooped over holding onto them, never mind finding a place to store it. I'll have to do it, but I'm not going to be in a hurry to find a mattress. ;-)
I am transitioning DD out of her crib in December - now I know not to throw out her mattress. I will have to think of how to use it...
AuntTami 01:04 PM 08-03-2015
I reorganize pretty much every weekend! It's summer so there's a ton of garage sales and new things to find and find homes for so I end up moving or rearranging something every weekend lol. This weekend I bought new curtains and rugs!
Josiegirl 02:26 PM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
I reorganize pretty much every weekend! It's summer so there's a ton of garage sales and new things to find and find homes for so I end up moving or rearranging something every weekend lol. This weekend I bought new curtains and rugs!
I haven't had a ton of luck with yard sales this summer, except for finding great books. And a few SA games. Sales are great though, aren't they? Ya never know what you'll find.

The reading corner was a hit today and they only tried once or twice to jump on it. I told them they'd lose it if they abused it.
LovingLife 03:57 PM 08-03-2015
Sounds like a great space! We are moving in about a month, and I am so looking forward to a room dedicated to daycare!! Woo hoo!
Reply Up