Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for Cute Fall and Halloween Crafts
Oneluckymom 09:22 AM 10-11-2012
...for 2.5 year olds. I have looked online but nothing seeemed to catch my eye or there weren't a lot that were age appropriate. I don't mind doing the cutting, but would like them to participate as much as possible independently.

Anything cute...I would like to display these. Thanks!!
daycare 09:28 AM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
...for 2.5 year olds. I have looked online but nothing seeemed to catch my eye or there weren't a lot that were age appropriate. I don't mind doing the cutting, but would like them to participate as much as possible independently.

Anything cute...I would like to display these. Thanks!!
spider on my head-

make a spider head band and then sing the halloween hokey pokey. I can email you the directions to this..

What about ghost feet prints..trace feet to white paper and then turn upside down, cut out and then let them decorate.

Orange puffy pumpkins.......my favorite take shaving cream, glue, and orange paint, mix together. give each kid a pumpkin cut out and let them load up the shaving cream onto the cut out.
sahm2three 09:31 AM 10-11-2012
I bought orange paper plates and printed out jackolantern faces and let the kids pick out their faces and helped the glue them on. We went on a nature walk and got leaves and acorns and pinecones and etc and made fall wreaths. I used paper plates, but the center out, and we hotglued the items on. I let even the 2 year olds arrange their things on the plate and then I just glued them down. We have been printing pumpkin images and painting them. Check pinterest, I have found lots of ideas there.
blandino 09:34 AM 10-11-2012
Today I traced their hands, and then we colored them brown and glued red, yellow, and orange tissue paper squares to them. They were really sure fall trees. In the past week we also made other fall trees where I printed out a tree outline, and they dipped q-tips in fall colored paint to make "
Little dot leaves on the tree.

Also, for that age group it is really clean and fun to let them color with markers on a coffee filter, and then paint with water in top to watch the colors spread. You can use that as the base for a lot of projects, and then just let them glue a little extra to turn it into something . All black markers = spider. All orange = a pumpkin, red = apple. There are lots of possibilities.
Oneluckymom 09:41 AM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
spider on my head-

make a spider head band and then sing the halloween hokey pokey. I can email you the directions to this..

What about ghost feet prints..trace feet to white paper and then turn upside down, cut out and then let them decorate.

Orange puffy pumpkins.......my favorite take shaving cream, glue, and orange paint, mix together. give each kid a pumpkin cut out and let them load up the shaving cream onto the cut out.

So the mixture will dry?...Im assuming the paper should be heavy weight?
daycare 09:42 AM 10-11-2012
[/b]

So the mixture will dry?...Im assuming the paper should be heavy weight?
yes thicker paper and it will dry puffy.
Oneluckymom 09:43 AM 10-11-2012
I am loving all these ideas....
daycare 09:46 AM 10-11-2012
I bought an annual subscription to scholastic printables and I love it they have great ideas and if I dont want it, I dont have to print it out...I can share a few things if you would like..
Oneluckymom 09:48 AM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I bought an annual subscription to scholastic printables and I love it they have great ideas and if I dont want it, I dont have to print it out...I can share a few things if you would like..
I might look into subscribing too I've heard others mention it on here. Im always open to sharing
mom2many 09:49 AM 10-11-2012
Today we finger painted with yellow, red & brown. I gave them each a dab of the different colors and they mixed them together. When they are dry, I will cut out a big leaf shape.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:58 AM 10-11-2012
We have started doing fall items this week www.facebook.com/MrsSteinelsHouse
I also post some of what we did last year in the arts and crafts group.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:01 AM 10-11-2012

Ghosts

I don't think the pic posted..
https://www.daycare.com/forum/group.php?groupid=7
that is the art and craft group, join button should be at the top right.
daycare 10:56 AM 10-11-2012
lets see if this works
Attached: halloween oct ghost feet.pdf (453.3 KB) 
daycare 11:00 AM 10-11-2012
this one too
Attached: spooky and kooky halloween.pdf (314.0 KB) 
daycare 11:44 AM 10-11-2012
would you like more??
Oneluckymom 12:33 PM 10-11-2012
Thanks daycare....I was able to open them!!! Sooo cute. I think I'm gonna have to sign up... It looks like it's worth it!
daycare 12:52 PM 10-11-2012
Thanks daycare....I was able to open them!!! Sooo cute. I think I'm gonna have to sign up... It looks like it's worth it!
sure I love sharing too.... I just purchased it a fews ago and of course now it's on sale. I think I paid about $39.00 for the year
Lyss 01:43 PM 10-11-2012
we did "stained glass" pumpkins today.

I have a 2.5 and 3.5yr old today, both with really good scissor skills so I drew a pumpkin shape on orange paper and let them cut it out (2.5yr old needed a bit of help around the stem which we did on green paper), and then after they cut it out I gave them tissue paper (orange) to start ripping up into a bucket while I cut the center out of the pumpkins they had just cut out (making it like an outline of a pumpkin). Then I stuck the outline to some contact paper and they used the tissue paper pieces to fill in the pumpkin, sticking it on the contact paper. Trim the excess when done and hang in window! For the younger ones i generally omit letting them cut it out as the motor skills aren't quite there yet, they just rip the paper while I cut it out.

http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot....h/label/apples this is the general idea behind it (bottom of page)

tomorrow we're making mummies! just a general body shape cut out (I just do a google images search then print whatever size i want it to be http://artventurers.blogspot.com/201...1_archive.html like this one) then kids use glue sticks to stick on toilet paper (or tissue paper) and googly eyes
HappyHearts 02:06 PM 10-11-2012
Black Crayola Model Magic, have the kids form into a ball or whatever shape they want for a spider body. Cut pipe cleaners to the right size and have them stick them in the clay for spider legs, then add wiggle eyes.

I also stick a paper clip through the middle, so only the half circle edge shows and tie white string to it, so they can hang them. Very cute, and easy.
daycare 02:08 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by HappyHearts:
Black Crayola Model Magic, have the kids form into a ball or whatever shape they want for a spider body. Cut pipe cleaners to the right size and have them stick them in the clay for spider legs, then add wiggle eyes.

I also stick a paper clip through the middle, so only the half circle edge shows and tie white string to it, so they can hang them. Very cute, and easy.
smart....we did this with a foam ball, which were not cheap....lol
Reply Up