Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biting
kayla 06:12 AM 12-10-2012
Just curious how I go about terming a biter. He is 10 mos old but I cant stand to have him bite anymore... help please
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
Just curious how I go about terming a biter. He is 10 mos old but I cant stand to have him bite anymore... help please
Dear DCP

Although biting is a common issue in early childhood, I am afraid that I am just not equipped to deal with DCB's incessant biting of others and will unfortunately have to terminate our agreement for child care services.

The last day I am willing to care for DCB is December XX, 2012. I am including the number to the local Child Care Resource & Referal office to aid you in your search for new child care. Please understand this was a business decision and not at all personal

Thank you,

Provider

Unregistered 09:20 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
You are a terming a 10 MONTH OLD for biting??? He is 10 months he is probably teething. He doesnt understand what he is doing is wrong why not try working with him for awhile instead of getting rid of him if you are not interested in working with him then type up a term letter and hand it to the parents.
sahm2three 10:45 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You are a terming a 10 MONTH OLD for biting??? He is 10 months he is probably teething. He doesnt understand what he is doing is wrong why not try working with him for awhile instead of getting rid of him if you are not interested in working with him then type up a term letter and hand it to the parents.
How do you know she HASN"T worked with him?? Assuming this is wrong. I have a biter too and have done EVERYTHING that is suggested to do with biters. Unless you are willing to wait them out, and risk losing other kids because their parents get upset because THEIR child was bit, then there is nothing else you can do but term. I have chosen to not term my 1 year old biter, but will just not give him a chance to bite. If I am not able to have him right with me, he sits in a pnp with toys until I can get back to him. Not much else you can do until they grow out of it.
Tags:biting
Reply Up