Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have an Interview
Thriftylady 07:26 PM 10-01-2014
I set up another interview tonight. Hopefully they will show. Sadly they don't need care for month and a half. But since I have no kids and this will only be my third interview (fourth if you count my no show), I am hoping that it will work out. It is for two kiddos an infant and a toddler. Wish me luck, prayers, good vibes whatever it is you believe in. I am praying for a good fit.
TheGoodLife 07:32 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I set up another interview tonight. Hopefully they will show. Sadly they don't need care for month and a half. But since I have no kids and this will only be my third interview (fourth if you count my no show), I am hoping that it will work out. It is for two kiddos an infant and a toddler. Wish me luck, prayers, good vibes whatever it is you believe in. I am praying for a good fit.
Good luck, hope it works out for you both and they sign up!
TaylorTots 07:38 PM 10-01-2014
You sound so down

I hope the interview goes well - and I know it can be hard to get started when you are rural. BTDT and now that we're suburban I miss the small town environment... within a year of being up and running with kids (even a low enrollment) I was turning people away regularly from even the surrounding rural area as I ended up being one of only 2 care providers within a good radius Hopefully something will go your way soon -- I really do know how you feel
Baby Beluga 08:00 PM 10-01-2014
Sending good vibes your way
Thriftylady 08:03 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
You sound so down

I hope the interview goes well - and I know it can be hard to get started when you are rural. BTDT and now that we're suburban I miss the small town environment... within a year of being up and running with kids (even a low enrollment) I was turning people away regularly from even the surrounding rural area as I ended up being one of only 2 care providers within a good radius Hopefully something will go your way soon -- I really do know how you feel
I am down because we need me to start making some money, and I have spent so much time and money on this. It was so easy in the city, it took a month or so to get going there, but at least I had calls. The calls are non-existent here it seems, and well on facebook there are those who will do it so cheap. Of course they don't offer what I do and are likely parking kids in front of a tv all day and feeding them all processed crap so they can do it cheap. It kills me how many parents will go cheap and give up all the "perks" most of us on here offer like healthy meals and snacks and physical activity.
coolconfidentme 01:08 AM 10-02-2014
Talk up your DC where ever you go. Talk to parents with kids. Have a handful of business cards ready to pass out. Take business cards to employment agencies & convenience stores. Post a flyer at the local laundry mats, store, library, community bulletin boards, etc. Have your phone number listed with the free engine searches like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.

Good luck!!
Thriftylady 06:29 AM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Talk up your DC where ever you go. Talk to parents with kids. Have a handful of business cards ready to pass out. Take business cards to employment agencies & convenience stores. Post a flyer at the local laundry mats, store, library, community bulletin boards, etc. Have your phone number listed with the free engine searches like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.

Good luck!!
I have done a lot of those things, but there are a couple new ideas there. I even dropped a few business cards in the baby section at WM lol. I am going to check with our unemployment office this afternoon, I will be near there anyway and see if I can put some business cards there somewhere!
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 10-02-2014
Sending good vibes, wishes and luck your way!!

Stay positive! Positive things happen to positive people!
sahm1225 11:31 PM 10-04-2014
Good luck thrifty!! I was also going to mention to get to know your school PTA group. I get most of my referrals from the PTA president! She is such a social
Person and chats with everyone. Or your local church?
Reply Up