Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tax ID
safechner 01:35 PM 06-10-2010
I have been doing daycare for almost 9 years but I know it is pretty long time not to have Tax id. I decided I am not comfortable to pass my ssn to my newly and new daycare parents this year. How can I get tax id?
melskids 01:38 PM 06-10-2010
i did it online, i think the website is irs.gov

its called an EIN, employer identification number (even if you dont have employees)
HeatherB 01:45 PM 06-10-2010
Yeap very simple... Like stated above IRS.GOV... search for EIN number... can fill out online and sumbit ASAP.
momma2girls 02:04 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:

its called an EIN, employer identification number (even if you dont have employees)
THanks so much for the info, I also have been wanting to change mine as well. I just did it online, very easy, and they are sending me the # confirmation!!
originalkat 04:59 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:

Yes, This is how I got one.
emosks 05:39 PM 06-10-2010
Yep...how the others said. Then you can have them email you a PDF with the number on it for your files.
boysx5 07:00 PM 06-10-2010
thank you I have been wanting to do this and doing it online will be easy I plan on doing this first thing in the morning
safechner 06:43 AM 06-11-2010
That is what I thought. I was going to get EIN but my husband thinks it is not right to get EIN. Thank you so much for the information.....
Janet 12:15 PM 06-11-2010
I got an EIN when I first began my daycare because I knew that I would never be comfortable giving out my SSN at any time to anyone. It was so easy to get and all I had to do was call and I got the number over the phone. The application questions were not difficult and the person who answered the phone did it with me over the phone. From the time that I started speaking to the person and the time I got my EIN, it was maybe 10 minutes, tops. It was nice!
MarinaVanessa 11:17 AM 06-15-2010
Yup did mine on the phone too and took 10 minutes. They give you your number immediately.
Tags:ein, tax id
Reply Up