Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Most Take Off Veteran's Day?
cherryhill 02:50 PM 10-26-2010
It is Thursday November 11th. I was also wondering if most took Thanksgiving and the day after off paid?

thanks
Teffany
DanceMom 02:54 PM 10-26-2010
I dont close for Veterans day - all my dcparents work. I do close the day after Thanksgiving..after working in Corp America for 20+ yrs I always had to FIGHT to get that day off...so that was one I added into my contract as a paid holiday
SandeeAR 02:56 PM 10-26-2010
I do not take Veterans day off. I take Thanksgiving and the day after....UNpaid, my choice. 2 of my 3 parents are self employed and therefore, do not get paid Holidays.
newtodaycare22 04:14 PM 10-26-2010
I take all federal holidays paid, so yes I am closed on Veterans. I also took the day after Thanksgiving but it is unpaid.... I just know I won't want to be working
TGT09 04:16 PM 10-26-2010
I don't take Veteran's day but I do take Thanksgiving and the day after.
daysofelijah 04:22 PM 10-26-2010
No, but I do have lower numbers that day because of state and post office working parents.
Live and Learn 04:25 PM 10-26-2010
Yes thank goodness! I am closed both next Thurs and Fri.

kendallina 04:49 PM 10-26-2010
I take off for Veterans and Thanksgiving/Day after. But, I really only take those off because I follow the university's schedule in my town...that's where all of my parents work.
SilverSabre25 05:51 PM 10-26-2010
Nope to Veteran's Day, but YES to Thanksgiving and the day after!
juliebug 05:54 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
ditto for me
momofsix 06:05 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
and me too...unpaid.
legomom922 07:45 PM 10-26-2010
I do not take Vetrans day off, I always thought of it as just a bank holiday anyway.

I do take Thanksgiving off paid, but do not take the day after. Personal choice, but the day after means nothing to me, and my Christmas shopping is always already done way before Thanksgiving anyway, and besides, you couldn't pay me to go go shopping on black friday!
tenderhearts 07:46 PM 10-26-2010
I do not take Veterans Day off but I do take the day after Thanksgiving off and yes it is paid..YAY!!!!
misol 08:09 PM 10-26-2010
Closed on Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and the day after.
momma2girls 05:51 AM 10-27-2010
I do not take Veteran's Day off, but the day after Thanksgiving is a paid Holiday, along with Thanksgiving. I know some of my parents would still bring along their children here, every single day they have off unless I close!!
MARSTELAC 06:14 AM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
It is Thursday November 11th. I was also wondering if most took Thanksgiving and the day after off paid?

thanks
Teffany
I don't. Never heard of anyone taking that one off. I do however give myself 5 paid vacation days per year, up to 8 unpaid vacation days per year, 6 paid holidays (New Years, Memorial, 4th of July, Labor day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) and if that holiday falls on a Saturday, the Friday before is paid and if it falls on a Sunday, Monday that follows is paid. I also give full-time families 10 freebie days (not on any of my paid vaca or holidays) and part-time families get 6 freebie days per year. I also closed a half-hour or hour early roughly 3 times per year to attend trainings that I need to have some drive time to get to...
SunflowerMama 06:27 AM 10-27-2010
I don't take Veterans day but I'm taking Thanksgiving and the day after off paid.
MarinaVanessa 07:09 AM 10-27-2010
Don't take Veteran's Day off either but get Thanksgiving and the day after off paid. I close only if my fiance is off of work (holidays when the court is closed).
Lilbutterflie 07:36 AM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I do not take Vetrans day off, I always thought of it as just a bank holiday anyway.

I do take Thanksgiving off paid, but do not take the day after. Personal choice, but the day after means nothing to me, and my Christmas shopping is always already done way before Thanksgiving anyway, and besides, you couldn't pay me to go go shopping on black friday!
Diddo to this!
Unregistered 07:43 AM 10-27-2010
I do not take off Veterans Day but I do take off Thanksgiving an the day after PAID cant wait I also have a personal day coming up the 16th.
Live and Learn 08:52 AM 10-27-2010
I am taking Veteran's Day and the day after unpaid....school teacher's schedule.
I am taking Thanksgiving Day and the day after unpaid.
I wish I could say that I would be done with my shopping by the butNo way that has ever happened.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:57 AM 10-27-2010
No to Vetrans Day, but Thanksgiving is a paid holiday for me and Black Friday is a Paid Personal Day (I get 5 per year)
kpa0627 09:04 AM 10-27-2010
I decided to put in my contract that I am closed on Veteran's Day. My husband is in the military so I knew he would get this day off so it would be nice for us to both have a day off on a weekday (that NEVER happens)!!!! It is a required paid holiday. Plus he's deploying a few days after Veteran's day so I'm excited to have a day with him to just relax before he has to leave!
Tags:holidays, veterans day
Reply Up