Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How do you store your 'stuff'?
childcaremom 09:47 AM 08-11-2015
I need to get organized and this is the month I am doing it. I would like to get my collection under control so I can see what I have/need/don't need etc.

I have seen a lot of ideas and most seem to suggest either sorting by month or by theme. I like both ideas but am wondering what everyone here does?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:51 AM 08-11-2015
I like things sorted by theme because then I can pull a theme easily and it is ready to go
daycare 10:59 AM 08-11-2015
I do two ways... I go by theme and letters.

A-apples
B Bears
C- Carrots/cat, veggies and farming
D-Deers, Forest creatures

All of that month we will talk about what animals live where, what grows where and so on.... the above for me would be one month
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 08-11-2015
I don't organize my stuff by month or theme but only because I use books, toys and materials interchangeably in different themes. I do however keep my instructions, lesson plans and printables organized in plastic file boxes with hanging folders. My toys I keep sorted by type in plastic bins with lids and only take out what I need when I need it. I store some of the smaller bins in my living room closet and the larger bins in the garage. I keep extra books I'm not using upstairs on a high bookshelf and only bring down the books I will be using that week. My materials like paper and art supplies I keep together in a storage closet and only pull out what I will need the nigh before I need it.
Tags:organization, organizing tips
Reply Up