Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Surviving Morning Sickness?
Miss A 08:04 AM 02-16-2016
How did you other mothers handle morning sickness? Mine has been really bad for the past week, and it lasts all day! We have been "taking it easy", meaning lots of free play and floor time in the morning, and playdoh and " dance parties" in the afternoon. My numbers are low for the next month, only 2 kiddos, so that is helping. I just feel guilty about not doing any structured activities. We have also "cheated" and have taken in 30 mins of PBS here and there. I am hoping this passes soon, because I am not sure how much more I can take!
Cat Herder 08:12 AM 02-16-2016
Ginger ale and oyster crackers. Small sips, slowly munching through out morning.

Everything in a childs environment is curriculum. Sounds like nature has provided your class with a fantastic lesson on empathy and how to entertain one's self.

Feel better soon!
Play Care 09:04 AM 02-16-2016
I had to be put on Zofran until midway to my second trimester because I could keep nothing down.

If you are vomiting often I would ask about it. Other wise free play, lots of on the floor cuddles and stories works well
laundrymom 09:08 AM 02-16-2016
The syrup out of heavy fruit cocktail.
Cat Herder 09:13 AM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I had to be put on Zofran until midway to my second trimester because I could keep nothing down.

If you are vomiting often I would ask about it. Other wise free play, lots of on the floor cuddles and stories works well
They don't like to do this any more due to risks of congenital cardiac malformations and oral clefts.
Play Care 09:17 AM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
They don't like to do this any more due to risks of congenital cardiac malformations and oral clefts.
I would still ask about medication, Espcially if the op can't keep anything down. Perhaps not Zofran but IIRC, there are other options.
In my case the weight loss, and inability to get out of bed without passing out worried the doc more.
mamamanda 09:27 AM 02-16-2016
Yes, I'm one of those mamas that had to live on medication to get through. I'm borderline for being considered malnourished on a good day. Me losing any weight is detrimental for both me and the baby so they've gone the medication route all three times for me. I do know there are some new medications available since the zofran scares have come about...although my ob still assures me that the zofran is perfectly safe. With my other 2 pregnancies I was on zofran throughout the entire pregnancy. I get it really bad. With this little lady I've been able to wean off now at 6 mo. Very excited!
Original question...don't feel guilty for taking it easy. They really don't need as much structure as we adults seem to think. If you can be in the floor with them, interacting while they play and reading books, chatting with them, etc...that really is good enough. This time will seem to drag on forever, but it really does go so quickly. You'll get back to your normal routine and all will be well! So happy for you! Praying your morning sickness doesn't stick around too long, but be encouraged that its actually a good sign!
Also, eat small frequent meals as much as you can manage. I know...easier said than done when you feel sick, but if you don't let yourself get to the hungry feeling it really does make a difference. During the first few months I take a bite here and there all day long.
Miss A 09:34 AM 02-16-2016
Thanks everyone! I go in for a regular appointment on Mo day, and if this has not subsided bit by then then I will be having a convo with the DR about it.
Ariana 09:51 AM 02-16-2016
We have Diclectin here in Canada and even on 8 pills a day I could not get out of bed. My husband literally had to take all of his vacation and talk to his boss about taking more time off. He had to run the daycare for roughly 6-7 weeks . I am 100% positive I did not give a crap what my husband was doing with them and I am sure they were watching more tv than they should have but the parents didn't miss work and that was all I cared about!

A few weeks of abnormal, low key daycare is not a huge deal. Take care of yourself and that little baby

I ate whatever I could when I was sick. I am usually very healthy but had to resort to chef boyardee and toaster strudle to get through the day. My kids turned out perfect so don't feel guilty about that either!
Renae82 06:18 PM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
How did you other mothers handle morning sickness? Mine has been really bad for the past week, and it lasts all day! We have been "taking it easy", meaning lots of free play and floor time in the morning, and playdoh and " dance parties" in the afternoon. My numbers are low for the next month, only 2 kiddos, so that is helping. I just feel guilty about not doing any structured activities. We have also "cheated" and have taken in 30 mins of PBS here and there. I am hoping this passes soon, because I am not sure how much more I can take!
This time around I had it until I was 17 weeks, I am now 20 weeks and it has mostly gone away. I was careful not to eat a lot at once, though often it didn't matter how much I ate I tossed up everything. My worst time was in the afternoon so I did as much as I could with the kids in the morning and moved our lunch later by 30 minutes. Then afternoon was mostly snack and gross motor play. Also, drinking chicken broth seemed to help me.
Annalee 08:57 AM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I kept cheerios in my pocket an ate them throughout the day. I didn't have bad morning sickness but I found it helpful to munch so my stomach did not become empty.
Reply Up