Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How often?
smb757 03:20 PM 12-01-2011
Hi, I'm new here! I'm working on getting licensed and want to be fully operational by March. This is going to seem really silly, but I'm kind of OCD and a bit of a micro-manager.

Anyway, how often do you check the diaper of an infant? A toddler?

How often do you ask a potty-training toddler if they need to go?

How often do you check a sleeping infant?

I'm trying to figure out my guidelines on these and just wanted a general consensus. And I honestly don't know on the potty-training - my son was an absolute breeze to potty-train and my daughter is still in diapers.
kidkair 04:00 PM 12-01-2011
Infants I check when they are fussy.
Toddlers I check if I smell it and change them every two hours generally after meals.
Potty trainers I put on the toilet for every diaper change and whenever they ask (by sign language or voice). Eventually they train into the every two hours after meals.
I check sleeping infants and other sleeping kids every 10 minutes. I don't have any closed doors that will accidentally wake them and that helps. They just get used to the music playing and don't hear me checking on them at all.
MarinaVanessa 04:10 PM 12-01-2011
Like above, I check infants when they are fussy but change them and toddlers no matter what when the are pee-pee at least every 2 hours and poo-poo as soon as they go.

Personally I don't ask kids if they have to go to the bathroom. To me that means that they are not ready to toilet train. They need to show interest and if they ask then I'll take them. Kids are not trained simply by taking them every 15, 20 30 minutes etc. They have to show interest in wanting to go and ask tell me that they want to use the potty.

I check all sleeping children (infant or not) every 15 minutes at minimum.
Tags:child care courses, child care management, education, infant care, training
Reply Up