Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>sick policies!
DaisyMamma 10:45 AM 04-28-2015
I have a two year old her sneezing and caughing all over the place since she doesn't know better to cover her mouth.
it's really not something I want happening. I find it gross and it's making me mad. LOL
but my policy says not to come with fever, diarrhea or vomiting. I cannot really get away with saying not to come with a cold...
So I guess I just needed to vent!
I don't even allow family that doesn't live with us to come in when they are like this. I can't stand sick people!
lilcupcakes09 11:05 AM 04-28-2015
Right there with you!! It really chaps me when it continues for weeks! Big kids are the worst though, most have no manners when it comes to that and it makes me furious! I feel like sending every single snotty nose, coughing kiddo home and telling the parents not to come back until they are well, especially since I have my own new little one now. Luckily my own kiddos have been on the healthy side! :-)
Thriftylady 11:07 AM 04-28-2015
I would work on teaching her to cover. I know that for both my kids and I, if cold/allergy symptoms were to exclude us, we would never go anyplace! DD and I have already started the whole allergy mess and it will continue off and on all summer. It is a mess with little ones, but can't always be avoided.
DaisyMamma 11:20 AM 04-28-2015
I'm working on teaching to cover. She totally doesn't get it. At all.
I'll be laying it on thick at pick up today, about how sick she feels. She couldn't even sleep because her caugh kept waking her up!
Thriftylady 11:25 AM 04-28-2015
I would ask if she has been to the doctor. If not have them take her and if it is allergies, get meds for her. It took me years to get meds for my DD because the doctor kept telling me "she had a snot nosed cold". No one has a cold for months on end. Wish I had changed doctors sooner, when I did and she got allergy meds, she was a whole new kid almost. She is 16 now and still on the meds, but it beats the alternative.
Blackcat31 11:35 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I have a two year old her sneezing and caughing all over the place since she doesn't know better to cover her mouth.
it's really not something I want happening. I find it gross and it's making me mad. LOL
but my policy says not to come with fever, diarrhea or vomiting. I cannot really get away with saying not to come with a cold...So I guess I just needed to vent!
I don't even allow family that doesn't live with us to come in when they are like this. I can't stand sick people!
My handbook says:

"ABC Daycare is a well-child day care facility. This means that the occasional mild cough or cold is not grounds for exclusion, however if your child experiences any of the symptoms outlined in the illness policy, they will not be allowed to attend child care.

I understand that it can be an inconvenience for a parent to take time off of work when a child cannot attend daycare however there are reasons for the exclusion.

Any time that an ill child doesn’t feel well enough to participate comfortably in activities or has symptoms that normally do not require exclusion but their condition requires more care/attention than the childcare provider is able to provide without compromising the health & safety of the other children.

An ill child can also quickly spread illness to the other children in the group. This is group care and the needs of the group as a whole take priority
"

The bolded part would include a cough that is disruptive or a cough that the child cannot "contain" (cover).
The same wording covers "excessive runny noses" that require ME to continually wipe.
DaisyMamma 11:38 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My handbook says:

"ABC Daycare is a well-child day care facility. This means that the occasional mild cough or cold is not grounds for exclusion, however if your child experiences any of the symptoms outlined in the illness policy, they will not be allowed to attend child care.

I understand that it can be an inconvenience for a parent to take time off of work when a child cannot attend daycare however there are reasons for the exclusion.

Any time that an ill child doesn’t feel well enough to participate comfortably in activities or has symptoms that normally do not require exclusion but their condition requires more care/attention than the childcare provider is able to provide without compromising the health & safety of the other children.

An ill child can also quickly spread illness to the other children in the group. This is group care and the needs of the group as a whole take priority
"

The bolded part would include a cough that is disruptive or a cough that the child cannot "contain" (cover).
The same wording covers "excessive runny noses" that require ME to continually wipe.
I will be adopting this.
Thriftylady 12:44 PM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I will be adopting this.
ROFL. Hey BC can we all just copy you? LOL
Blackcat31 01:22 PM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
ROFL. Hey BC can we all just copy you? LOL
sure!
Reply Up