Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Updating policies...
Luvnmykidz 10:21 AM 12-08-2014
I am planning to make a few policy updates for the new year. When you update several policies do you just give a print out for each one or update it in the handbook and give a new handbook at the first of the year for each parent to read over and sign? Also what other form do you all have resigned at the beginning of the year?
Leigh 10:27 AM 12-08-2014
I would just have parents sign an update. My handbook and contract are one document, and it's pretty long. Just do what works best for YOU.
melilley 10:44 AM 12-08-2014
I do a new contract every year. I give them a handout of any policy changes/additions as well as planned closed days for them to add to their handbook. They have to agree to the changes by signing the new contract in order to stay here.

The only other forms that I have them redo each year is for any ongoing medication or seasonal forms such as sunscreen. I also have them look over and initial our Child In Care Statement that is required from our state to make sure there isn't any changes.
Second Home 12:47 PM 12-08-2014
I type up a letter noting the changes and stating the remainder of the contract stays in effect this must be signed and returned . I also have everyone sign tbe emergency form for the new year.
craftymissbeth 12:59 PM 12-08-2014
It's actually one of my policies that I will give each family a new, updated handbook annually. That's what I've been working on during nap today. Ugh!
Reply Up