Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Programs For Mac Users (For Daycare Stuff)
Crazy8 11:31 AM 07-27-2012
After 20+ years on PC's I made the leap to an iMac. So far I'm not loving it because I can't do 90% of what I did on my PC but I know the mac is capable of all those things, I just need to relearn!! So, wondering if there are any Mac users here - what programs do you have for daycare related things like making daily report sheets, doing newsletters/notices, even just making worksheets or craft related materials.

On my PC I had a program called Printmaster that I loved for creating things, they have a mac version but it doesn't get great reviews so I'm curious what others use. I need to get Excel on here too - I downloaded the free open office but I don't like it nearly as much as the Excel on the PC that I was used to!
DCBlessings27 12:03 PM 07-27-2012
My husband works in advertising, so he's always been a Mac person. He finally got me to switch last year. I do love my Mac laptop! I do drive him nuts though because I had him get me the Microsoft Office Suite so that I could still use all the programs I was using before switching. I don't want to mess with the Mac programs even though he says they're similar. I'm set in my ways. I know Excel and Word, and that is what I want to use.
Crazy8 12:07 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by katieica:
My husband works in advertising, so he's always been a Mac person. He finally got me to switch last year. I do love my Mac laptop! I do drive him nuts though because I had him get me the Microsoft Office Suite so that I could still use all the programs I was using before switching. I don't want to mess with the Mac programs even though he says they're similar. I'm set in my ways. I know Excel and Word, and that is what I want to use.
thats EXACTLY how I am!!! Everyone I know who has a Mac loves it so I am sure I will once I get used to it but I'm not there yet, LOL! I haven't bitten the bullet to buy Office yet but I know I'm going to - its just so pricey!!!
Rubysmom 07:11 PM 07-27-2012
I have been a Mac user for almost 20 years. I still have my graphic design programs from my previous job, so I use those. If you are used to using MS Office, then use that. Word and Excel work wonderfully on the Mac.
As far as graphics programs go, I really dont have any recommendations. Sorry.
Sprouts 07:39 PM 07-27-2012
Yes my husband conviinced me to switch too lol...I have a mac and a ipad as well...my favorite programs are

pages-similar to word but u can make really cute posters, flyers, post cards ect. and very easy to use once u play around with it a little

Numbers is pretty close to excel and compadible with excel files

I love baby connect for my iphone and ipad

i use Minute menu but its not compadible with mac so I had to get parallels..u can run all windows program on this, it literally makes a parallel hard drive...the only thing is that it runs a little slower and a pain to go back and forth, there is another program u can download called cross over...that allows you to run MMK on Mac....
Tags:mac programs, mac software
Reply Up