Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 year old non napper
Peaches 12:39 PM 06-23-2015
I have a 4 year old DCG that has recently started to act up more during napping time by waking the other kids up. She is my instigator in this and now the 4 year old boy is also following suit. I have been moving them to a different locations and take away toys when they get loud I even reward the others with an M&M after nap time for being quiet. I need wording for how to talk with parents as I don't know what else to do. It's fine if their awake but I need quiet for the others kids sake. Any suggestions?
Peaches 12:44 PM 06-23-2015
side rant she is also knotting her hair during this time and proud of it...which is a big pain to undo. UGH
JoseyJo 02:00 PM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Peaches:
side rant she is also knotting her hair during this time and proud of it...which is a big pain to undo. UGH
I definitely wouldn't be unknotting her hair. Let her be proud of it mommy at home while mommy is unknotting it! I am sure mommy would love that, and I bet DCG decides not to do it again
JoseyJo 02:01 PM 06-23-2015
I have a 4 year old DCG that has recently started to act up more during napping time by waking the other kids up. She is my instigator in this and now the 4 year old boy is also following suit. I have been moving them to a different locations and take away toys when they get loud I even reward the others with an M&M after nap time for being quiet. I need wording for how to talk with parents as I don't know what else to do. It's fine if their awake but I need quiet for the others kids sake. Any suggestions?
This is why I don't take non-nappers. It is too difficult when they decide not to be quiet.
Blackcat31 02:20 PM 06-23-2015
An immediate consequence for being loud or waking others is a nap.

No second chances, no discussion.

Bet they figure out real fast to be quiet so others can sleep.
lovemykidstoo 05:25 PM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
An immediate consequence for being loud or waking others is a nap.

No second chances, no discussion.

Bet they figure out real fast to be quiet so others can sleep.
That's exactly what happens here. It usually doesn't happen again LOL. There really isn't a whole lot the parent can do when we're in control at the time. Oh and I would most certainly let momma undo her hair. No way would I be undoing that.
Reply Up