Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Closing Early...Let the Games BEGIN!

We usually close for Thanksgiving & the day after. Our local bank pulled some shenanigans last year by closing early & shutting everything down for maintenance for the ENTIRE weekend (including the ATM), so we closed a little early that Wednesday to catch the bank.

This year, we're going to go ahead and close again for a 1/2 day on the Wednesday before. It's the holiday, plus I need to see a surgeon for a second opinion on something. I gave everyone 3 weeks notice about the early closing, plus some random updates.

Of course a select few have started with the passive aggressive comments & the reiteration that we're closing early. YUP....closing early for the holiday! Not going on a 2 week vacation to Florida like you just did, but closing 4 hours early to do our banking & see my surgeon. So the first one in the door & the last one to leave says, "Since you're closing eeeeearly, we're going to keep DCK home & my husband's going to take the day off." GREAT! DCK gets to spend the day with dear old dad! Let me know at what point I should feel bad.

I also thanked parents for resigning my Sick policy & being cooperative about keeping the kids home when they are ill. Because we mentioned coughing, covering & not jumping to conclusions, we have one parent who has come in every morning with an un-covered, FAKE cough every day since the update. REALLY???

I think people forget that we have lives, jobs, kids, bills, sickness & outside responsibilities just like they do. I can't wait to see what games today brings. I am SO ready!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
We usually close for Thanksgiving & the day after. Our local bank pulled some shenanigans last year by closing early & shutting everything down for maintenance for the ENTIRE weekend (including the ATM), so we closed a little early that Wednesday to catch the bank.

This year, we're going to go ahead and close again for a 1/2 day on the Wednesday before. It's the holiday, plus I need to see a surgeon for a second opinion on something. I gave everyone 3 weeks notice about the early closing, plus some random updates.

Of course a select few have started with the passive aggressive comments & the reiteration that we're closing early. YUP....closing early for the holiday! Not going on a 2 week vacation to Florida like you just did, but closing 4 hours early to do our banking & see my surgeon. So the first one in the door & the last one to leave says, "Since you're closing eeeeearly, we're going to keep DCK home & my husband's going to take the day off." GREAT! DCK gets to spend the day with dear old dad! Let me know at what point I should feel bad.

I also thanked parents for resigning my Sick policy & being cooperative about keeping the kids home when they are ill. Because we mentioned coughing, covering & not jumping to conclusions, we have one parent who has come in every morning with an un-covered, FAKE cough every day since the update. REALLY???

I think people forget that we have lives, jobs, kids, bills, sickness & outside responsibilities just like they do. I can't wait to see what games today brings. I am SO ready!
I did one better... I'm closed the entire day on the 23rd lol (traveling to MD to see my son). My families have known for 6 months AND it's posted on the wall by the front door; no chance they can't remember and if they say anything - well tough tootsies
Old 11-09-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post

Next time she coughs, make a comment about how she should probably stay home and not be coming into daycare with her germs since that cough has been going on for so many days now.

There's always that one family, child, parent...
Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

I used to NEVER take time off when I first opened. I only closed for the day of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Open all five days 7am to 5:30pm. I thought people would appreciate my being there for them. But parents still whined and complained the first time I closed because I was pregnant and sick

It really opened my eyes, that it doesn't matter what I do, parents will still find something to complain about. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way... its just the truth, you can not please everyone.

But it makes it much easier for me. My second year in I gave myself paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation. And I didn't think twice about it, because they were going to gripe and moan anyway! Any one who complains or is passive aggressive is shown the door

Hope you can enjoy your holiday, Lord knows you've earned it!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Next time she coughs, make a comment about how she should probably stay home and not be coming into daycare with her germs since that cough has been going on for so many days now.

There's always that one family, child, parent...
Absolutely. I'd tell her that you'll pick up her child at the door and that she can't come inside until she gets that cough taken care of!