Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Wording "No More Spots!"
BGM 06:21 AM 06-14-2019
I'm reducing my enrollment for next year, at least for a while, to my current two youngest clients, but I keep getting emails from interested parents, mostly of newborns, which I definitely don't have space for on account of my own newborn I'm expecting in December.

I want to put a banner on my website saying I'm not enrolling anyone next year, but how do I word it so that it sounds better than "I'm not enrolling anyone for the foreseeable future?" I don't want to be rude, but I also want to save us all a round of emails...

ykwim?
Snowmom 06:28 AM 06-14-2019
Ideas:

knoxmomof2 07:06 AM 06-14-2019
Congrats to you! I'm due in December as well! The 21st. I keep 4 other children max. Currently have 3 plus my own 18 month old. Oldest will be leaving in the Fall, and I think I'll be staying at 2 as well until my baby is at least a few months old. I've gotten the heads up from my families on other infants due around the time I am. I haven't told my families yet, so I just say "Let me know when we get closer and we'll see if I have any openings." I only keep 1 little one under 12 months at a time, mine or anyone else's!

As far as what to say, Snowmom seems to have it covered. Unfortunately, you'll probably still get some inquiries because no one reads any more but it should lessen your requests at least....
BGM 01:46 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Ideas:
  • Enrollment is currently full. Please leave your name and contact information if you'd like to be added to the waitlist.
  • I am not currently taking new applicants. Please check back after X date for future openings.
  • No enrollment options are currently available
  • Current Openings: No openings until Spring 2020
  • Current Openings: Waitlist Only
I like those, thank you! Hopefully it slows down traffic a bit.

Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
Congrats to you! I'm due in December as well! The 21st. I keep 4 other children max. Currently have 3 plus my own 18 month old. Oldest will be leaving in the Fall, and I think I'll be staying at 2 as well until my baby is at least a few months old. I've gotten the heads up from my families on other infants due around the time I am. I haven't told my families yet, so I just say "Let me know when we get closer and we'll see if I have any openings." I only keep 1 little one under 12 months at a time, mine or anyone else's!

As far as what to say, Snowmom seems to have it covered. Unfortunately, you'll probably still get some inquiries because no one reads any more but it should lessen your requests at least....
Congrats to you too!

You got that right about reading. It's amazing
284878 11:13 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by BGM:

Congrats to you too!

Do you use an email for daycare only? If so you could do a vacation response that uses one of snowmom phrases and a link to a local daycare list (here if your state does not have one) or if you use a form on your site, turn it off.
284878 11:15 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by BGM:

Congrats to you too!

Oh and Congrats, I read your other post and I just went through a similar story and now I have a healthy one-year-old boy. Totally worth the wait.
Tags:enrollment, word choice, wording advice
Reply Up