Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare staff Christmas Bonus
Unregistered 07:17 PM 12-13-2017
How much money do home daycares typically give to staff at the end of the year as a bonus. Does it depend on the number of years? Do you give them a gift along with the bonus?
Michael 01:24 AM 12-14-2017
More threads on Christmas Tipping or Bonus: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...hristmas+bonus
Unregistered 03:25 PM 12-14-2017
Thank you. But my question was in regards to a daycare provider paying her employee a bonus.
Unregistered 09:30 PM 12-14-2017
When I worked in a daycare, our boss gave us 1% of what our yearly wage was. So if we earned $20,000, she gave us $200.
Cat Herder 04:50 AM 12-15-2017
I don't believe I have heard of home daycare providers (with low ratios) giving a bonus to their assistants. Typically attendance is low in December, so being able to keep an assistant on payroll is gift enough.

I do know of a few who give nice gifts or paid vacation days, though.
amberrose3dg 05:17 AM 12-15-2017
I'm way too small to do something big for my assistant. I did buy her a gift and gift card. I'm also paying her for Christmas day since we are closed until January 3rd.
Bddy 07:31 PM 12-18-2017
When I was the assistant at an in home daycare the owner/boss gave me a $200 Christmas bonus for which I was so grateful. She gave me a small gift too. I think of her fondly for this as I didn’t expect it as she was a type A lady and regularly grumpy ... but she had a generous side.

When I worked at a center we didn’t get a gift but the boss/owner cooked us an amazing meal at her home where we had our staff Christmas party.
Plus, we all got paid for Christmas and New Years even though we didn’t work, so that was awesome too.
Leigh 09:14 AM 12-19-2017
This wasn't at home daycare, but I had a boss at a small business who gave 30 cents per hour worked during the year as a Christmas bonus.

Personally, I would give at least $100, if I could manage a week's pay, that is what I would do.
flying_babyb 06:01 PM 12-20-2017
got mine today, I work at a small center (4 classrooms, 50 kids) and mine was $100! I darn near cried. Ive been there two months and wasnt expecting anything.
BumbleBee 06:23 PM 12-20-2017
I'm giving my assistant $100 cash as a bonus.
Lissa Kristine 10:05 AM 12-21-2017
I'm one of five staff members (including the assistant director) and I'm the only one who didn't get a bonus.

I'm not too surprised since I don't actually get paid for all the hours I work anyway, but it's a little hurtful to see that even the 15 year old who works part-time after school got an envelope of cash while I got NOTHING.
ColorfulSunburst 11:58 AM 12-21-2017
extra $150 are added to a weekly paycheck plus one week payed Christmas vacation.
storybookending 12:27 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:
I'm one of five staff members (including the assistant director) and I'm the only one who didn't get a bonus.

I'm not too surprised since I don't actually get paid for all the hours I work anyway, but it's a little hurtful to see that even the 15 year old who works part-time after school got an envelope of cash while I got NOTHING.
I hope you are actively searching for a new job. You are in charge of your own circumstances, not getting paid to be there? Leave.
Cat Herder 12:54 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:

I am sure they know how unhappy you are there. Maybe they are trying to get you to move on?
Lissa Kristine 02:27 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I hope you are actively searching for a new job. You are in charge of your own circumstances, not getting paid to be there? Leave.
I am actively searching for employment elsewhere, but I'm stuck until I find another job. Even getting underpaid for the hours I work is STILL better than earning NOTHING. Hopefully, I'll be able to accomplish something over the break. The school I work at is closed, but many daycares around here are open next week. Plus, there's always reapplying to some of the dozens of grocery stores I apply to once every 90 days.
Tags:assistant, christmas bonus
Reply Up