Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do With Your 18mo Olds?
CrackerJacks 02:13 PM 11-03-2013
I have a new group of kiddos, three 18month olds, and I'm feeling a little bored. I'm used to the hussle and busses of the older 2.5yo-3.5yo crowd. So, I'm looking for ideas of fun things to do. What do you like to do with your 18mo olds?
Lavender 02:21 PM 11-03-2013
My kids currently range in age from 11 months to 19 months. We do an art activity, sensory activity, and motor or music activity every day. This week some of my planned activities include:

string painting using fall colors
exploring acorns in sealed bags
letting them climb in a plastic pool with a foam I make from water and soap
filling the same pool with fallen leaves
jello in my sensory table
making a tent out of a card table and tablecloth

I think we have a lot of fun! I have a bubble machine and a disco light that are both big hits. Cardboard boxes, my tunnel, and pretty much anything I put in my pool makes them happy. We also do reading and singing songs/fingerplays every day.
MamaBearCanada 02:53 PM 11-03-2013
Colour with washable markers
Handprint/footprint crafts
Fingerpainting
They LOVE sensory bottles
Action songs
Play food & dishes
Doll - pretend to feed, put to bed, push in stroller
Instruments
Blocks
Cars
Little People
Music
childcaremom 03:40 PM 11-03-2013
Favourites here:
playdough (they could play for hours, esp with add ons)
sensory table
magnet letters and/or pictures
crayons, markers
fingerpainting
sandbox
mud puddles
anything outside
stacking blocks, legos, etc
books
singing
CrackerJacks 01:12 PM 11-04-2013
Great ideas, thanks guys :-)
TwinKristi 02:12 PM 11-04-2013
I have a few different baskets of toys... Duplo Legos, some Hotwheels, some musical instruments, some little plastic Playskool type of bristle blocks and a table that spins they can build on. I purchased a small storage ottoman for books. I have a play kitchen with kid-sized oven mits, spoons, spatula, measuring cup, etc. I just purchased a train table this past weekend and it's a big hit! We also have Cozy Coupes outside, a Little Tikes basketball hoop & mini balls, a Little Tikes golf set, a Little Tikes Activity Garden, trike, rocking chair... I have 3 that are all within 4 mos of each other from 25 months to 21 months. Aside from hearing lots of "no!" and "mine!" they have lots of fun. A couple mos ago i had 2 other kids, 12 mos and. 3yrs so I purchased a quad stroller and it was great but now I only have 3 so it's kinda funky but still works well.
coolconfidentme 02:32 PM 11-04-2013
Dance & sing to a kid station on I Heart Radio.
Reply Up