Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh....Husbands (Sorry Kinda Long)
mema 12:50 PM 10-28-2011
So I have a family that works with my hubby(the mom). Their jobs, to put it nicely, suck. They don't get paid enough and have way to much to do. It usually involves staying late or going back to work in the evening.

Most of the time my hubby just stays instead of going back. Lately it has been really bugging me because she will show up late and say that my hubby said we don't have anything going on that night. So, I chatted with the hubs and told him, he may not think that, but between homework, supper, general cleaning and what not, I have a lot to do EVERY night. Seeing as how he is not here most nights to see that-I just wanted to point it out to him.

I told him that I am going to start charging my late fees. I haven't done it because at first it was like once a month and like 5 mins. Well, ya give them an inch-I know He says not to do that.

I added up what I would have charged so far this year, and for 1 of the children (they have 2) it would be $200 So for 2 that's $400

I don't know if bringing this up to him would matter. I don't want to make things any worse for him at work. And I don't want to fight with him about it either. Do I bring it up? He is always complaining that there are too many bills and not enough money(which I handle the finances, so he really has no idea).

Ok. I think I'm done venting. Thanks.
Cat Herder 01:04 PM 10-28-2011
Tell him you wont interfere with his income if he does not interfere with yours.
sharlan 01:07 PM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Tell him you wont interfere with his income if he does not interfere with yours.
That's about what I was going to say. I'll stay out of your job, you stay out of mine.

I used to tell my dh, "I don't go to your work and tell you how to do your job, don't come home and tell me how to do mine."
kathiemarie 02:26 PM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
That's about what I was going to say. I'll stay out of your job, you stay out of mine.

I used to tell my dh, "I don't go to your work and tell you how to do your job, don't come home and tell me how to do mine."
That is what I tell my husband too!
dave4him 04:49 PM 10-28-2011
My wife comes home and tells me how to do mine shes probably pretty right most of the time
daycare 04:58 PM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
My wife comes home and tells me how to do mine shes probably pretty right most of the time
lol ahhh DAVE.... but thats because she a ......ok I won't say it..

Glad to hear you are open to her ideas./...lol
Tags:husband, income
Reply Up