Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re: Opening
tenderhearts 08:23 AM 12-28-2019
I think we have decided that I will reopen my daycare the beginning of February. My husband will only have 2 more chemo treatments left, but financially I need to go back. I admit I am really afraid, His cancer is gone but there is still a chance it can come back, I'm praying it doesn't but that fear is there and that we will be back where we are, although I do need to work I don't want to keep doing this to parents even though it's out of my hands.
I will probably be visiting more regular when I reopen, look forward to it.
Michael 10:36 AM 12-28-2019
I’m glad your husband is nearing the end of his chemo. My mother-in-law is likewise done with hers. A non-worry lifestyle will be the best post-chemo therapy. Positive thinking boosts the immune system.

Hopefully you daycare will be filled with good families that help your financial situation. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Here is a helpful article:
https://medivizor.com/blog/2015/04/3...ng-and-cancer/
Josiegirl 02:55 AM 12-29-2019
I'm sure it's difficult to not expect the 'other shoe to drop'. BUT there are so many success stories out there. Find positive people who have been through similar circumstances and ignore the naysayers, etc. Is there any local support groups you could attend together? IIRC, your dh had colon cancer, my 87 yo neighbor had surgery 2 yrs. ago for colon cancer and is still going strong. I always feel the medical field is such a growing learning field that every day, every year, they are making new strides with pretty much everything. So take heart, stay positive! Choose a positive mantra(or 2) to add to your daily mornings. I truly believe our mind is capable of doing much more than we give it credit for.
And once you get back into the rhythm of having children come back into your home again, you may very well find it was just what your environment needed!

Wishing you both the very best of luck!!
e.j. 10:54 AM 12-29-2019
So glad to hear your husband's cancer is gone! What a relief that must be even though I understand your concerns about the future. I hope time and his continued health will eventually allow you to set those worries aside. In the meantime, good luck with your re-opening in February. Do you know if your original families will return or are you starting out fresh with all new families?
Ariana 07:30 PM 12-29-2019
I am so happy that your husband is doing well!

Positive thinking is so so important right now. Take one day at a time and don’t worry about “what if” because no one can predict the future so why worry about it. Go back to business and focus on the best outcome for your family!
DaveA 03:53 AM 12-30-2019
Glad your husband is wrapping up his chemo and good luck with the reopening.
tenderhearts 07:04 PM 12-30-2019
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
A few of the families will be returning, but 2 of them would have left in September anyways. Hopefully at least 3 will be.

Michael glad to hear you mil is done with her chemo. We are really getting excited for the end to near. Hope she is doing well.
rosieteddy 05:41 AM 12-31-2019
Good luck,glad your husband is on the mend.It might be nice to start out slow with fewer families.
Tags:reopening
Reply Up