Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Mixed Ratios
jmom 08:08 AM 09-19-2007
I live in ky, and recently the small daycare my child attends has decided to put all children together in the same room, claiming it is easier on them. My question is- what is the correct ratio for teacher/child when there are approximately 2 infants, approx 4 under the age of 2, not potty trained, and approx 3 over the age of 2. what would the ratio be in this situation?
Michael 03:03 PM 09-19-2007
Hello Jmom,

For Kentucky Small Family Child Care Homes
Number of Children Allowed: 4-6 (plus 4 children related to provider)

Maximum Number of Children to One Provider: Up to 10, with 4 children related to the provider

Provider's Own Children Counted: Yes, if under age 6

Maximum Number of Infants/Toddlers to One Provider: 4 under 1-yr

For Kentucky Large Family Child Care Homes
Number of Children Allowed: 7-12

Maximum Number of Children to One Provider: Provider's Own Children Counted: Yes, if care is provided to them

https://www.daycare.com/kentucky/
jmom 06:24 AM 09-20-2007
Thank you for your response, however I was curious if the answer was only for child care centers inside the home. The daycare my son attends is not in a home, but an actual daycare center. If the ratios are different, could you please let me know. And, I was more curious about combining the children of different ages if the ratios would change at that point.

Thanks
Michael 09:58 AM 09-20-2007
Jmom,

Yes, she may be in violation ot your state's requirements.

Ratio For Center-based Care

6 weeks (5:1)
9 months (5:1)
18 months (6:1)
27 months (10:1)
3 years (12:1)
4 years (14:1)
5 & 6years (15:1)
7 years and older (20:1)
7 years and older (25:1)
In part-day programs for school-age children, the ratio for children 7 years of age and older is 25:1 with a maximum group size of 30.
Tags:mixed ratios, ratios
Reply Up