Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Using Checkinkids Or Thinking Of It?
beachgrl 03:11 PM 02-09-2012
I registered for it but hadn't put my kiddos info in because I wasn't sure how it would work with needing paper documentation of sign in/out attendance for the state lady when she comes if they are doing it on my ipad, plus I have a parent who is on rare occassions a couple min late but I really don't mind with her bc she usually picks up early when she can and then another who is perpetually getting here at 5 min after (knowing that two nights a week I have to leave asap at pick up to try to get to the college by 6 and I am regularly about 5-10 min late because of it, and they NEVER pay a late fee bc I haven't enforced it and bc as I noticed today, dcd is putting he is picking up at 5:30 even when late and even when I say exactly what the time is so I wrote it in for him tonight before he got to my door so he could just initial it)

So my thing is if I do use it, then I will essentially be needing to start enforcing the late pick up fee and I thought I would send a reminder note home about me needing to leave asap on those two nights as well as starting a NEW checkin/out method that would keep track of the applicable late fees as needed but not sure how to word it or if I should even send a note home, just let it show what it shows when they sign in late and give them the late fee info when they have fees. (I believe you can printout the info to send home with them)

Maybe if they know I will be using it, they will actually start being on time.
What would you do and if any of you are using this yet, how do you like it?
Michael 03:16 PM 02-09-2012
Another thread on CheckInKids https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40673
beachgrl 04:09 PM 02-09-2012
Thanks Michael, shoulda searched before asking lol
Crazy8 06:58 PM 02-09-2012
never heard of it.... sounds interesting but then I'd have to leave my ipad by the front door and I'm not sure I like that idea.

anyone know if it can work on contracted hours instead of open to close hours??
beachgrl 08:16 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
never heard of it.... sounds interesting but then I'd have to leave my ipad by the front door and I'm not sure I like that idea.

anyone know if it can work on contracted hours instead of open to close hours??
Well im always at the door when they are picking up..my kids are so in our routine that if my dogs bark over anything, they head to the door to llok out and see who is here for pick up lol..so of course when a dcp knocks, they all head that way ni matter whose mpdcp is at the door ha.

I do think their is thr option to fo either operating hours or contracted hours though bc i remember choosing between them. I am wanting to use it to see if it will make my dcp self correct and be on time instead of paying late fees, especially when i see that they are writing a different time on sign out than the actaul pick up time.
small_steps 08:23 PM 02-09-2012
It does look likea helpful tool...I just signed up, tried entering my information. I got as far as putting in the kids names and can't figure out how to put in the parents info.
childcarebytori 09:11 PM 02-09-2012
I have been using Checkinkids for 7 months now and I am IN LOVE with it.

If anyone is contemplating using this program it will not disappoint you. I promise. It is so easy to add children, families and authorized pick-ups.

My favorite parts of it are 1) the ability to print our time sheets with the accurate time (not the time parents scribble down in a rush) and 2) the fact that when a parent is late, when the sign their child out they automatically see a note on the screen that says "You owe -blank- dollars for late fees". I don't have to say anything!

I'm using a tablet computer that is in a case that is placed right near our daycare entrance on the wall. It's high enough that the kids do not have access to it and low enough that the parents can sign their children in without reeeeeeaching for it.

small-steps - To add parents, you'll want to go to the "Clock in" screen or Open Time Clock. Underneath the area to fill in the phone number, you'll see something that says 'add new user/family' or something to that effect. You add a family/parent/authorized pick up that way.
DBug 04:41 AM 02-10-2012
I'm using a similar program on a tablet that my husband wrote, and it's awesome. I have a miniscule backbone, and when parents used to show up late, most times I would tell them to just write down the closing time. With this program -- I can't . It keeps the time and there's no changing it (at least not on the tablet ).

I don't know the details about the program that OP's referring to, but I say go for it if it's computerized! Saves a TON of issues for those of us who dislike confrontation
beachgrl 08:28 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by small_steps:
It does look likea helpful tool...I just signed up, tried entering my information. I got as far as putting in the kids names and can't figure out how to put in the parents info.
I havent gotten beyond the basic registration but everyone being late yesterday and then realizing one parent who holds me up by 5-10 min reg has been putting pickup time right at closing is getting a bit irritating for me...esp when two of those nights i need to be to somewhere on time and rarely am!

I hope to get the kids info and all put in today so ill let you know how it goes for me.
beachgrl 08:32 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
I'm using a similar program on a tablet that my husband wrote, and it's awesome. I have a miniscule backbone, and when parents used to show up late, most times I would tell them to just write down the closing time. With this program -- I can't . It keeps the time and there's no changing it (at least not on the tablet ).

I don't know the details about the program that OP's referring to, but I say go for it if it's computerized! Saves a TON of issues for those of us who dislike confrontation
What is the program your hubby wrote? Does he have it available for purchase at all? Can you use it with an ipad?

I like the thought of using my ipad bc i always have it nearby and its small enough to put on my deep freezer where the sign out is and kiddos cant reach it but also easily moved if i need to access the freezer.
beachgrl 08:35 AM 02-10-2012
Thnks for all the info! I like what you said about it telling them right then that they owe wo you having to say a word. Im hoping this will help them be on time for pickups bc for this obe family there is no reason to be late like that even if its a few minutes. I just hope it doesnt make them mad but oh well...

Originally Posted by childcarebytori:
I have been using Checkinkids for 7 months now and I am IN LOVE with it.

If anyone is contemplating using this program it will not disappoint you. I promise. It is so easy to add children, families and authorized pick-ups.

My favorite parts of it are 1) the ability to print our time sheets with the accurate time (not the time parents scribble down in a rush) and 2) the fact that when a parent is late, when the sign their child out they automatically see a note on the screen that says "You owe -blank- dollars for late fees". I don't have to say anything!

I'm using a tablet computer that is in a case that is placed right near our daycare entrance on the wall. It's high enough that the kids do not have access to it and low enough that the parents can sign their children in without reeeeeeaching for it.

small-steps - To add parents, you'll want to go to the "Clock in" screen or Open Time Clock. Underneath the area to fill in the phone number, you'll see something that says 'add new user/family' or something to that effect. You add a family/parent/authorized pick up that way.

Springdaze 09:34 AM 02-10-2012
I use it when I remember! Its good, my only things arethat I dont see a way to adjust the time if you forget to clock in and that there is no way to prove that the parent did it if there is a dispute about check in times
beachgrl 10:00 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
I use it when I remember! Its good, my only things arethat I dont see a way to adjust the time if you forget to clock in and that there is no way to prove that the parent did it if there is a dispute about check in times
Hmmm, i see what you are saying about that bc they arent signing it like a normal paper sheet, but i guess it could be said therebis no way to prove its their actual initial on the paper version either as anyone could initial it but yah, thats something i didnt think about...but i think it would be difficult or them to argue a case w you on if they signed in at a set time or not if they are the ones loggin in on the check in even if electronically..hmmm

Anyone ever had issues w that?
Crazy8 10:10 AM 02-10-2012
do they sign/initial it in their writing?? Do you need a stylus pen for that? Not having their ACTUAL signature would would keep me from using it -I want their actual signature that they picked up their child. If someone else picks up I make them sign and I also write their DL# next to it.
beachgrl 11:03 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
do they sign/initial it in their writing?? Do you need a stylus pen for that? Not having their ACTUAL signature would would keep me from using it -I want their actual signature that they picked up their child. If someone else picks up I make them sign and I also write their DL# next to it.
That idk since i havent tried it out yet but i think you put different approved pickmup ppl in their info and they have to do something to show they checked in or out, hmm
Springdaze 11:30 AM 02-10-2012
without a signature you cant dispute that they were there if they say they werent, or vice versa which is the leagal reason you would want the kids signed in or out. if the parents are decent though, they shouldnt argue it
Crazy8 02:32 PM 02-10-2012
just tried to set it up and it DOES NOT seem to let you set the late fees to contracted hours. Its either a set number of hours per day (like 9, 9.5, etc.) or closing time.
So it wouldn't work for me since I have some that would be "late" if they picked up at 4:15 and others who are here until 5pm. Oh well, wasn't crazy about not having a signature anyway - I'll have to stick with my pen and paper!!
mmezkennedy 01:49 PM 06-22-2016
I have been checking out the programs listed but it seems they all charge now. Are there any apps or programs out there that are free to use as signing out programs?
Tags:checkinkids
Reply Up