Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Given Notice
melissa ann 05:48 PM 02-29-2012
Well, today at pick up, mom came in and asked if I knew of anyone who could watch her kids. I said no. Well, she said if she couldn't find someone by the 16th, my last day for 5:45 pickups she will find someone in her family to do it until she finds someone else. Needless to say, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. My dd was also ecstatic. My ds asked what kids are we going to watch now. I said I didnt know.
I did get a call for childcare, for a baby and a 1st grader. However, they wanted to start on monday, which is not doable for me. I told them the 19th so I could at least give notice to above family. Plus, they didn't seem too thrilled that I leave the house and the baby would be coming with us. We do bus stops and take my son to preschool. Takes, 5 mins walking for preschool and like 1 min to bus stop. Both places can be seen from my house. And they said about pickup at 530. I told them I close at 5. I'm sticking to my guns about closing at 5.
Blackcat31 08:09 AM 03-01-2012
Glad the weight has been lifted for you in regards to your problematic family.

Sending you good luck and good wishes for some more clients!! Things have a funny way of working themselves out so hang in there!
melissa ann 09:30 AM 03-01-2012
Thanks! In the past when I did have any openings it never took more than 3 weeks to fill. I'm hoping that will continue: )
countrymom 09:51 AM 03-01-2012
you are going to be so happy closing at 5pm, I'm not kidding its like a huge weight shift. I also find that by closing earlier weens out alot of problem parents who would take advantage of me.
melissa ann 10:36 AM 03-01-2012
I had always had a closing time at 5pm. But I let this family who only started in Dec with a 5:45 pick up. Two of the girls are friends of my dd and I thought well, the girls would only be here about 3 hours a day and their brother is 3, that it wouldn't be so bad. WRONG! The girls argue over my dd, the boy is destructive and has a smart mouth. The last 45 minutes after the other dcg who leaves right before 5, is EXHAUSTING and it drags on FOREVER! From now on, I don't care what the reason/excuse is, no pick ups after 5.
Would it be wrong to have a good riddance party
Okay, I'm joking(or am I?)
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:45 PM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Well, today at pick up, mom came in and asked if I knew of anyone who could watch her kids. I said no. Well, she said if she couldn't find someone by the 16th, my last day for 5:45 pickups she will find someone in her family to do it until she finds someone else. Needless to say, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. My dd was also ecstatic. My ds asked what kids are we going to watch now. I said I didnt know.
I did get a call for childcare, for a baby and a 1st grader. However, they wanted to start on monday, which is not doable for me. I told them the 19th so I could at least give notice to above family. Plus, they didn't seem too thrilled that I leave the house and the baby would be coming with us. We do bus stops and take my son to preschool. Takes, 5 mins walking for preschool and like 1 min to bus stop. Both places can be seen from my house. And they said about pickup at 530. I told them I close at 5. I'm sticking to my guns about closing at 5.
It's funny, but parents usually find a way to have their children picked up on time when they really want their child at a daycare that closes "too early". For example, we had a family come on child's very first day. They had read the handbooks and signed the contracts, etc (so they saw our closing time), but they said something about picking child up by 6, so we reminded them that we close at 5:15 pm and it couldn't be any later. They talked about it for a minute: who can pick him up...Closest relative 45 min away... no one else can do it, etc... during this we are afraid we won't get this MUCH needed full time family now and really disappointed it won't work out. Then mom says, "well, I get off at x time at work, so I can get here by 5:15." um, WHY did she make it sound like she couldn't possibly pick child up until 6, if she gets off work at x time? What was the problem with our closing time if she can all of a sudden "discover" that she can make it on time after all? So, we accepted child into care (perfectly behaved child, btw), and mom has always made it on time at 5:15 (and we've had no problems at all with family). Just goes to show how when it's impossible to pick up their child by closing time, if the provider stands behind the closing time, the parent can usually all of a sudden make it possible
Tags:notice
Reply Up